Abbreviations used : ACh, acetylcholine ; CFTR, cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator ; GIRK, G protein-gated inwardly rectifying K+ channel ; hK, high K+ ; 5-HT, 5-hydroxytryptamine ; i3 loop, third intracellular loop ; mAChR, muscarinic acetylcholine receptor ; m1-m5 and hm1-hm5, five mAChR subtypes and five human mAChR subtypes, respectively ; NMS, N-methylscopolamine.
Cloning and Expression of a G Protein-Linked Acetylcholine Receptor from Caenorhabditis elegans
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2002
Journal of Neurochemistry
Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 58–65, January 1999
How to Cite
Lee, Y.-S., Park, Y.-S., Chang, D.-J., Hwang, J. M., Min, C. K., Kaang, B.-K. and Cho, N. J. (1999), Cloning and Expression of a G Protein-Linked Acetylcholine Receptor from Caenorhabditis elegans. Journal of Neurochemistry, 72: 58–65. doi: 10.1046/j.1471-4159.1999.0720058.x
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2002
We thank Mr. Suck Jong You for his help with the Southern hybridization experiment. We also thank the Caenorhabditis Genetics Center, which is funded by the NIH National Center for Research Resources (NCRR), for providing the C. elegans N2 strain. The cDNA clones used in this study were kindly provided by Dr. Lester at Caltech and by Dr. Numa's group at Kyoto University. This study was supported by a grant (GE96-96) to N.J.C. from the Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea, and by KOSEF 971-0506-048-2 and SNU 97-06-2089 to B.-K.K.
- 41974) The genetics ofCaenorhabditis elegans. Genetics 77,71–94.(
- 51983) Occurrence of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors in wild type and cholinergic mutants ofCaenorhabditis elegans. J. Neurosci. 3,359–368.& (
- 91992) Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor, inMolecular Biology of G-Protein-Coupled Receptors (Brann M. R., ed), pp. 170–197. Birkhaus, Boston., , , , , , , , (
- 171989) Molecular Cloning : A Laboratory Manual, 2nd edit. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, New York., , (
- 211995) Mutational analysis of muscarinic receptors : structural basis of ligand binding and G protein recognition, inMolecular Mechanisms of Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Function (Wess J., ed), pp. 1–17. R. G. Landes, Austin., , , , , (
- 231996) Ligand binding properties of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors in Caenorhabditis elegans.J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 29,525–529., , (