The present address of Dr. E. P. Semenov is Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria.
Diversification of Drosophila Chloride Channel Gene by Multiple Posttranscriptional mRNA Modifications
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2002
Journal of Neurochemistry
Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 66–72, January 1999
How to Cite
Semenov, E. P. and Pak, W. L. (1999), Diversification of Drosophila Chloride Channel Gene by Multiple Posttranscriptional mRNA Modifications. Journal of Neurochemistry, 72: 66–72. doi: 10.1046/j.1471-4159.1999.0720066.x
Abbreviation used : ORF, open reading frame.
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2002
We thank Connie Russell and Dr. M. Burg for their earlier work with a cosmid clone and Dr. G. Koliantz for his help in cytological experiments. We express our gratitude to Drs. T. C. Kaufman, P. Salvaterra, J. Tamkun, G. Cutting, and R. ffrench-Constant for kindly providing us with the DNA clones used in our study. Ann Pellegrino assisted in the preparation of the manuscript. This work was supported by grant MH 49727 from the National Institute of Mental Health and grant EY00033 from the National Eye Institute.
- 41994) Cloning of an avermectin-sensitive glutamate-gated chloride channel fromCaenorhabditis elegans. Nature 371,707–711., , , , , , (
- 101971) Nucleic acid hybridization in cytological preparations.Methods Enzymol.21,470–480.& (
- 191997) Alternative splicing of a Caenorhabditis elegans gene produces two novel inhibitory amino acid receptor subunits with identical ligand binding domains but different ion channels.Gene 201,119–125.DOI: 10.1016/S0378-1119(97)00436-8, , (
- 201993) Expression of a Drosophila GABA receptor in a baculovirus insect cell system. Functional expression of insecticide susceptible and resistant GABA receptors from the cyclodiene resistance geneRdl. FEBS Lett. 335,315–318., , , , (
- 241996) RNA editing in Drosophila 4f-rnp gene nuclear transcripts by multiple A-to-G conversions.J. Mol. Biol. 259,885–890.DOI: 10.1006/jmbi.1996.0365, , , , (
- 271989) Molecular Cloning : A Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor Press, Cold Spring Harbor, New York., , (
- 311996) A novel Drosophila chloride channel gene showing high homology with human Rho genes.Soc. Neurosci. Abstr. 22,138.17.& (
- 361992) A glutamate receptor channel with high affinity for domoate and kainate.EMBO J.4,1651–1656., , , , (
- 371995) Voltage-gated calcium channels, inLigand- and Voltage-Gated Ion Channels (North R. A., ed), pp. 114–151. CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida., , (