Abbreviations used : DETA-NONOate, (Z)-1-[(2-aminoethyl)-N-(2-ammonioethyl)amino]diazen-1-ium-1,2-diolate ; HbO2, oxyhemoglobin ; iNOS, inducible isoform of nitric oxide synthase ; LDH, lactate dehydrogenase ; nNOS, neuronal isoform of nitric oxide synthase ; NO, nitric oxide ; NOS, nitric oxide synthase ; OGD, oxygen-glucose deprivation ; ONOO-, peroxynitrite ; SIN-1, 3-(4-morpholinyl)sydnonimine.
Down-Regulation of Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase by Nitric Oxide After Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation in Rat Forebrain Slices
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2002
Journal of Neurochemistry
Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 248–254, January 1999
How to Cite
Alba, J. D., Cárdenas, A., Moro, M. A., Leza, J. C., Lorenzo, P., Boscá, L. and Lizasoain, I. (1999), Down-Regulation of Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase by Nitric Oxide After Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation in Rat Forebrain Slices. Journal of Neurochemistry, 72: 248–254. doi: 10.1046/j.1471-4159.1999.0720248.x
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2002
We thank Mr. Oscar G. Bodelón for skillful technical assistance. This work was supported by grants PM95-0070 and PM95-0007 from the DGICYT. J.D.A. and A.C. are recipients of fellowships from the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture and the Universidad Complutense, respectively.
- 31985) Reaction of superoxide with nitric oxide to form peroxynitrite in alkaline aqueous solution.Inorg. Chem. 24,3502–3504.& (
- 81987) Single-step method of RNA isolation by acid guanidinium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform extraction.Anal. Biochem. 162,156–159.DOI: 10.1006/abio.1987.9999& (
- 181968) The chemistry of pernitrites. Part I. Kinetics of decomposition of pernitrous acid.J. Chem. Soc. A,450–452.& (
- 271993) Differential expression of iNOS and cNOS mRNA in human vascular smooth muscle cells and endothelial cells under normal and inflammatory conditions.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 196,1330–1334.DOI: 10.1006/bbrc.1993.2398& (
- 331976) Rapid preparation of large quantities of human haemoglobin with low phosphate content by counter-flow dialysis.Int. J. Biochem. 7,117–118., , , (
- 351994) Localization of nitric oxide synthase in the adult rat brain.Philos. Trans. R. Soc. [Biol.] 345,175–221., , , , , , , , (