Inhibition of growth and aflatoxin biosynthesis of Aspergillus flavus by extracts of some Egyptian plants
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2002
Letters in Applied Microbiology
Volume 29, Issue 5, pages 334–336, November 1999
How to Cite
Mahmoud, A. .-L. E. (1999), Inhibition of growth and aflatoxin biosynthesis of Aspergillus flavus by extracts of some Egyptian plants. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 29: 334–336. doi: 10.1046/j.1472-765X.1999.00636.x
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2002
- 2176/99: received 10 May 1999, revised and accepted 11 August 1999
- A.O.A.C. 1984 Natural poisons. Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists, pp. 447 484.
- 1997 In vitro studies on antifungal activity of tea (Camellia sinensis) and coffee (Coffea arabica) against wood-rotting fungi . Journal of Basic Microbiology, 37, 157 165. &
- 1988 The effects of the fungicides tridemorph, fenpropimorph and fenarimol on growth and aflatoxin production by Aspergillus parasiticus Spear. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 7, 37 40. &
- 1985 Natural plant chemicals: sources of industrial and medicinal materials. Science, 228, 1154 1160. , , ,
- 1983 New perspectives on aflatoxin biosynthesis. Advances in Applied Microbiology, 29, 53 62. &
- 1987 The inhibitory effect of Neem (Azadiarchta indica) leaf extracts on aflatoxin synthesis in Aspergillus parasiticus. Presented at the ADCS meeting in New Orleans, pp. 1166 1168. &
- 1984 Mycotoxins in food. Journal of Indian Botanical Society, 63, 976 977.
- 1980 Effect of some wild and medicinal plant extracts on aflatoxin production and growth of Aspergillus flavus in liquid culture. Journal of Indian Botanical Society, 59, 123 126. , , ,
- 1977 Inhibition of growth and aflatoxin production by cinnamon and clove oils, cinnamic aldehyde and eugenol. Journal of Food Science, 42 (1107–1108), 1116. , ,
- 1993 Inhibitory effect of spice oils on lipase and mycotoxin production. Zentralblatt für Mikrobiologie, 148, 543 548. &
- 1992 Antimicrobial effects of plant extracts on Streptococcus mutans, Candida albicans, Trichophyton rubrum and other micro-organisms. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 14, 136 139. &
- 1992 Efficacy of medicinal plant (Andrographis peniculata) extract on aflatoxin production and growth of Aspergillus flavus. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 15, 131 132. &
- 1993 Toxigenic fungi and mycotoxin content in poultry feedstuff ingredients. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 33, 101 104.
- 1994 Antifungal action and antiaflatoxigenic properties of some essential oil constituents. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 19, 110 113.
- 1991 The effect of aqueous plant extracts on growth and aflatoxin production by Aspergillus flavus. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 13, 32 34. &
- 1994 Inhibition in aflatoxin biosynthesis by the extract of Amorphophallus campanulatus (OL) and calcium oxalate. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 18, 203 205. , ,
- 1971 High aflatoxin production on a chemically defined medium. Applied Microbiology, 22, 393 396. , ,
- 1980 Studies for determining antibiotic substances in some Egyptian plants, Part II. Antimicrobial alkaloides from the seeds of Peganum harmala L. Fitoterapia II. 309–312. , , ,
- 1990 Efficacy of certain chemicals, fungicides, spices and plant extracts in the control of aflatoxin production by Aspergillus flavus in mustard. Proceeding of National Academy of Science, INDIA, 60 (B), 169 172. &
- 1979 Inhibition of aflatoxin-producing fungi by onion extract. Journal of Food Science, 44, 1545 1547. , , et al.
- 1983 Control of aflatoxin through natural plant extracts. In the Proceeding of Symposium on Mycotoxin in Food and Feed (eds Bilgranii, K.S. Prasad, T. & Sinha, K.K.), pp. 307–315Bhagalpur. Allied Press.