Vascular dementia from a viewpoint of cerebral blood flow and oxygen metabolism
Article first published online: 6 MAY 2003
Volume 3, Issue 1, pages 3–10, March 2003
How to Cite
Tanaka, M., Kondo, S., Okamoto, K. and Hirai, S. (2003), Vascular dementia from a viewpoint of cerebral blood flow and oxygen metabolism. Psychogeriatrics, 3: 3–10. doi: 10.1046/j.1479-8301.2003.00002.x
- Issue published online: 6 MAY 2003
- Article first published online: 6 MAY 2003
- Received 7 October 2002; accepted 18 November 2002.
- 1Vascular dementia and its prevention. In: Psychogeriatrics: Biochemical and Social Advance. Current Clinical Practice, Series 59, pp. 283–237. Tokyo: Excerpta Medica; 1990..
- 4Classification of subtypes of vascular dementia including subcortical versus cortical dementias. In: Meyer JS, Rauch GM, Lechner H, Loeb C (eds) Vascular dementia, pp. 203–219. New York: Futura; 2001., .
- 5Dementia–Pathophysiology. In: Proceedings of the 2nd Reg Congr Internat Ass Gerontol pp. 31–34; 1983..
- 6American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM-III-R), pp. 103–109. Washington: American Psychiatric Association; 1983.
- 10A study of cerebral circulation, metabolism and MRI findings in patients with chronic cerebral circulatory insufficiency. Kitakanto Igaku 1995; 45: 489–502 (in Japanese with English abstract)..
- 11PET findings of asymptomatic cerebral infarction. Clin Neurosci 1999; 17: 182–184 (in Japanese)., , .
- 14Cerebral blood flow and oxygen metabolism in vascular dementia evaluated by positron emission tomography. Importance of frontal lobe hypoperfusion and hypometabolism. Ann NY Acad Sci 2002; 977: 135–140., , .