The Important Role of Theory in Conservation Biology
Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2002
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 843–844, June 2002
How to Cite
Mangel, M. (2002), The Important Role of Theory in Conservation Biology. Conservation Biology, 16: 843–844. doi: 10.1046/j.1523-1739.2002.01638.x
- Issue online: 28 MAY 2002
- Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2002
- 2001. A world without competition. Nature 412:858–859.
- 2001. Viral immunlogy from math. Science 291:992. , and .
- 2001. Toward a general theory of biodiversity. Evolution 55:2137–2138.
- 2001. Consequences of community drift. Science 293:1772.
- 1957. Determination and analysis of recurrent groups. Ecology 38:586–595.
- 1968. The community of invertebrates in decaying oak wood. Journal of Animal Ecology 37:121–142.
- 1967. The Theory of Island Biogeography. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ. , and .
- 1993. Dynamics of metapopulations with demographic stochasticity and environmental catastrophes. Theoretical Population Biology 44:1–31.DOI: 10.1006/tpbi.1993.1016 , and .
- 1995. Species diversity in space and time. Cambridge University Press, New York.