The Devil in the Detail of Biodiversity Conservation
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2003
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 1–3, February 2003
How to Cite
McShane, T. O. (2003), The Devil in the Detail of Biodiversity Conservation. Conservation Biology, 17: 1–3. doi: 10.1046/j.1523-1739.2003.01717.x
- Issue published online: 11 FEB 2003
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2003
- 2001. African wildlife and livelihoods: the promise and performance of community conservation. James Currey, Oxford, UK. , and , editors.
- McShane, T. O., and S. A. Newby. 2003. Expecting the unattainable: the assumptions behind ICDPs. In press in T. O. McShane and M. P. Wells, editors. Getting biodiversity projects to work: towards more effective conservation and development. Columbia University Press, New York.
- 2000. Biodiversity hotspots for conservation priorities. Nature 403: 1318–1326. , , , , and .
- 1999. Myth and reality in the rain forest: how conservation strategies are failing in West Africa. University of California Press, Berkeley.
- 1998. The Global 200: a representation approach to conserving the earth's most biologically valuable ecoregions. Conservation Biology 12: 502–515. , and .
- 1999. Conservation of biodiversity in a world of use. Conservation Biology 13: 1246–1256. , and .
- 2003. Mapping the conservation landscape. Conservation Biology 17: 116–132. , , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- 2002. Making parks work: strategies for preserving tropical nature. Island Press, Washington, D.C. , , , and , editors.
- 1994. Natural connections: perspectives in community-based conservation. Island Press, Washington, D.C. , and , editors.