Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 29, Issue 3, page 221, September 2002
How to Cite
(2002), CALENDAR. Birth, 29: 221. doi: 10.1046/j.1523-536X.2002.00179.x-i3
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Calendar events are listed free of charge if submitted 4 months before journal publication. Send name of event, sponsor, date, place, contact person, and telephone/fax number to Diony Young, Editor. Submit detailed or late listings as Classified Advertising to Tom Palmisano, Advertising Representative.
• Sept 27-29, Lamaze International, 2002 Annual Conference, “It's Not Your Ma's Lamaze Anymore,” Hilton Towers, Pittsburgh, PA. Contact Lamaze International, phone: (800) 368-4404; http://www.lamaze.com .
• Oct 2-6, National Association of Childbearing Center 18th Annual Meeting, Maxwell House Hotel, Nashville, Tennessee. Contact NACC, phone: (215) 234-9068; fax: (215) 234-8829; e-mail: ReachNACC@BirthCenters.org ; http://www.BirthCenters.org .
• Oct 17-20, ICEA 2002 International Convention, “Reaching New Peaks in Family-Centered Care.” Marriott Denver Tech Center, Denver, CO. Contact ICEA, phone: (952) 854-8660; e-mail: email@example.com ; http://www.icea.org .
• Nov 2-3, CAPPA 3rd Annual Free Childbirth Conference, sponsored by Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association, Nashville, Tennessee. Contact http://www.cappa.net or phone: (888) 548-3672.
• Nov 7, “Choosing Delivery by Caesarean: Has Its Time Come?” University of Toronto's Maternal, Infant, & Reproductive Health Research Unit (MIRU), at the Centre for Research in Women's Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Contact Judy Cardwell, phone: (416) 351-3781; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.utoronto.ca/miru .
• Nov 13-17, Midwifery Today International Conference, “Revitalizing Midwifery,” The Hague, The Netherlands. Contact Midwifery Today, phone: (800) 743-0974 or (541) 344-7438; fax: (541) 344-1433; e-mail: email@example.com ; http://www.midwiferytoday.com
• Repeated Certification Program, “Bodywork for the Child-bearing Year.” Nov, Austin. Call for other locations. Contact Kate Jordan Seminars, phone toll free: (888) 287-6860 or (760) 436-0418; fax: (760) 436-6998; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Repeated Certification Program, UCLA Extension Lactation Educator and Lactation Consultant Raining Programs. Various dates and locations. Contact UCLA Extension Health Sciences, phone (310) 825-8423; http://www.uclaextension.org/healthsci.directry.htm .
• Repeated Certification Program, CCES Training and Certification Program for Professional Childbirth Educators. Various dates and locations. Contact Council of Childbirth Education Specialists; phone (800) 822-4526.
• Repeated Workshops, The Center for Breastfeeding, Lactation Counselor Certificate Training Program (CLC). Various dates and locations. Contact The Center for Breastfeeding, 8 Jan Sebastian Way, #13, Sandwich, MA 02563; phone (508) 888-8044; http://www.healthychildren.cc .
• Repeated Workshops, Center for Lactation Education. Contact BSC, 228 Park Lane, Chalfont, PA 18914; phone (215) 822-1281; fax (215) 997-7879; e-mail: email@example.com .
• Repeated Workshops, Childbirth Educator Workshop. Interna-tional Childbirth Education Association. Various dates and locations. Contact ICEA CEW Registration, PO Box 20048, Minneapolis, MN 55420; fax (612) 854-8772.
• Repeated Workshops, How to Start a Birth Center, National Association of Childbearing Centers. Various dates and locations. Contact NACC, 3123 Gottschall Rd., Perkiomenville, PA 18074-9604; phone (215) 234-8068; fax (215) 234-8829; http://www.BirthCenters.org .
• Repeated Workshops, Dancing Thru Pregnancy. Various dates and locations. Contact DTP; phone (203) 481-220 or (800) 442-9034; http://www.DancingThruPregnancy.com/dtp .
• Repeated Workshops, Childbirth Education Association of Seattle, Basic and Advanced Teacher Education Workshops for Childbirth Educators. Contact Cheri McMeins or Barbara Orcutt; phone (206) 789-0883; fax (206) 789-2712.
• Ongoing Enrollment, Women's Primary Health Care Nurse Prac-titioner, Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Midwifery and Basic Colposcopy Education Programs. Education Programs Associates, Inc.; phone (408) 374-3720 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Ongoing Workshops, Doula Training Workshops. Oct 5-6,Nov 2-3, Cleveland, OH. Contact Sunday Tortelli at e-mail: SunTdoula@aol.com .
• Repeated Workshops, Lactation Specialist Workshops, La Leche League International. Sept 21, Atlanta, GA: Sept 23, Baltimore, MD; Sept 25, Boston, MA; Sept 27, Lisle/Naperville, IL. Contact Kim Cavaliero, LLLI, phone (847) 519-7730, ext 233, Mary Lofton, ext 271, or Mary Hurt, ext 268; e-mail: PRDepartment@llli.org .
• Repeated Training Programs, Lactation consultant training, Lactation Education Resources, Fairfax, Virginia. Various dates and places. Contact Vergie Hughes, phone (703) 691-2069; fax: (703) 691-3983; email: email@example.com .