Methodology for Estimating Current and Future Burden of Osteoporosis in State Populations: Application to Florida in 2000 through 2025
Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2003
Value in Health
Volume 6, Issue 5, pages 574–583, September 2003
How to Cite
Burge, R. T., King, A. B., Balda, E. and Worley, D. (2003), Methodology for Estimating Current and Future Burden of Osteoporosis in State Populations: Application to Florida in 2000 through 2025. Value in Health, 6: 574–583. doi: 10.1046/j.1524-4733.2003.65261.x
- Issue online: 18 SEP 2003
- Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2003
- 5Musculoskeletal conditions in the United States (1st ed.). Chicago: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 1992., , .
- 6Osteoporosis in Illinois: Analysis of Hospital Discharge Records from 1992 to 1995. Springfield (IL): Illinois Department of Public Health, 1997 Dec., , .
- 7Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council. PHC4 Issue Brief—Osteoporosis Facts and Figures [Internet]. Harrisburg: The Council, 1997 Nov 19 accessed 2000 Mar 23. Avail-able from: http://www.phc4.org/reports/mcpr/00/Issue_Briefs/Osteoporosis/issuebrief2.htm.
- 12National Osteoporosis Foundation. America's Bone Health: The State of Osteoporosis and Low Bone Mass in Our Nation. Washington: The Foundation, 2002.
- 14Population Projections for States by Age, Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 1995 to 2025. PPL-47. Washington: US Bureau of the Census, Population Division, 1996 Oct accessed 2002 Apr 30. http://www.census.gov/population/www/projections/ppl47.html..
- 15National Center for Health Statistics. US Decennial Life Tables for 1989–91. Vol. II. State Life Tables No. 19, Florida. Hyattsville, (MD): The Center for Disease Control, 1998.
- 17Florida Hospital Inpatient Data File, 1998. Tallahassee (FL): State Center for Health Statistics, State of Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, 1998.
- 20Hip Fracture Outcomes in People Age Fifty and Over. OTA-BP-H-120. NTIS Order PB94-107653. Washington: United States Congress Office of Technology Assessment, 1994:1–95.
- 25Can Aging Baby Boomers Avoid the Nursing Home? Washington: American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI), 2000 Apr..
- 26MetLife Market Survey on Nursing Home and Home Care Costs. Westport (CT): Metlife Mature Market Institute, 2002 Apr.
- 27Consumer Price Index, US. City Average, Medical Care Component. Washington: Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Department of Labor 2002.
- 33Unrecognized costs of osteoporosis-related vertebral fracture [abstract F559]. J Bone Miner Res 1997;12(Suppl 1):S366., , , et al.