Development of a Decision Aid for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Who Are Considering Antithrombotic Therapy
Article first published online: 9 OCT 2008
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 15, Issue 10, pages 723–730, October 2000
How to Cite
Man-Son-Hing, M., Laupacis, A., O'Connor, A. M., Hart, R. G., Feldman, G., Blackshear, J. L. and Anderson, D. C. (2000), Development of a Decision Aid for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Who Are Considering Antithrombotic Therapy. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 15: 723–730. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.2000.90909.x
- Issue published online: 9 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 9 OCT 2008
- 1O'Connor AM, Fiset V, Rostom A, et al. Systematic review of approaches to support people's decision making about health treatments or screening. Cochrane Collaboration Review. 1999.
- 6Risk factors for stroke and efficacy of antithrombotic therapy in atrial fibrillation: analysis of pooled data from five randomized controlled trials. Arch Intern Med. 1994;154:1449–57.
- 7The efficacy of aspirin in patients with atrial fibrillation: analysis of pooled data from three randomized trials. Atrial Fibrillation Investigators. Arch Intern Med. 1997;157:1237 40.
- 16The Ottawa patient decision aids. Eff Clin Prac. 1999;2:163 70., , , , , .
- 19The risk for and severity of bleeding complications in elderly patients treated with warfarin. Ann Intern Med. 1996;24:970 9., , , et al.
- 28Collaborative overview of randomised trials of antiplatelet therapy–I: Prevention of death, myocardial infarction, and stroke by prolonged antiplatelet therapy in various categories of patients. Antiplatelet Trialist's Collaboration. BMJ. 1994;308:81 106.
- 31Testing a portable, self-administered decision aid for postmenopausal women considering long-term hormone replacement therapy to prevent osteoporosis and heart disease. Med Decis Making. 1994;14:438. Abstract., , .
- 34Patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation at low risk of stroke during treatment with aspirin: Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation III Study. The SPAF II Writing Committee for the Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation Investigators. JAMA. 1998;279:1273 7.
- 36A randomized trial of a multimedia shared decision-making program for men facing a treatment decision for benign prostatic hypertrophy. Dis Manag Clin Outcomes. 1997;1:5 14., , , , .
- 37A Randomized Trial of the Ischemic Heart Disease Shared Decision Making Program: An Evaluation of a Decision Aid. Master's thesis. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: University of Toronto; 1997..