Recent Care of Common Mental Disorders in the United States
Prevalence and Conformance with Evidence-Based Recommendations
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 15, Issue 5, pages 284–292, May 2000
How to Cite
Wang, P. S., Berglund, P. and Kessler, R. C. (2000), Recent Care of Common Mental Disorders in the United States. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 15: 284–292. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.2000.9908044.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 3Health economics and cost implications of anxiety and other mental disorders in the United States. Br J Psychiatry. 1998;34(suppl):4 9.& .
- 4The economic burden of affective disorders. Br J Psychiatry. 1995;166:34 42.& .
- 9Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. Depression in Primary Care, Vol. 2: Treatment of Major Depression. Rockville, Md: US Dept of Health and Human Services; 1993.
- 10American Psychiatric Association. Practice guideline for major depressive disorder in adults. Am J Psychiatry. 1993;150(suppl):1 26.
- 11American Psychiatric Association. Practice Guideline for Treatment of Patients with Panic Disorder. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association Press; 1998.
- 12Psychiatric Disorders in America: The Epidemiologic Catchment Area Study. New York, NY: The Free Press; 1991.& , eds.
- 17National Committee for Quality Insurance. Health Plan Employer Data and Information Set. Washington, DC: National Committee for Quality Insurance; 1996.
- 23American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 3rd ed, revised. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association Press; 1987.
- 26The 12-month prevalence and correlates of Serious Mental Illness (SMI). In: ManderscheidRW, SonnenscheinMA, eds. Mental Health, United States 1996. Washington, DC: US Govt Printing Office; 1996., , , et al.