Presented at the Annual Meeting, Society of General Internal Medicine, April 30, 1999; San Francisco, Calif.
Relation of Physician Specialty and HIV/AIDS Experience to Choice of Guideline-Recommended Antiretroviral Therapy*
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2001
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 6, pages 360–368, June 2001
How to Cite
Stone, V. E., Mansourati, F. F., Poses, R. M. and Mayer, K. H. (2001), Relation of Physician Specialty and HIV/AIDS Experience to Choice of Guideline-Recommended Antiretroviral Therapy. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 16: 360–368. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.2001.016006360.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2001
- 3Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-infected adults and adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services and Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1998;47: 43–82.
- 5Prolongation of life and prevention of AIDS in advanced HIV immunodeficiency with ritonavir. In: Program and Abstracts of the 3rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Washington, DC: Foundation for Retrovirology and Human Health; 1996;, , , , , .
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report 1998: U.S. HIV and AIDS Cases Reported through December 1999. 2000;9: 5–44.
- 8and the Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV Infection. Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV Infection. Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-infected Adults and Adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services. Office of Public Health and Science1997. Federal Register Doc 97-16228.& ,
- 14Repeated emergency department use by HIV-infected persons: effect of clinic accessibility and expertise in HIV care. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1998;17: 3541., , , .
- 18The relation of HIV/AIDS practice variations to physicians' judgements regarding antiretroviral therapy. J Gen Intern Med. 1999;14(suppl 2): 108., , , , .
- 19SAS/STAT User's Guide: Version 7. Fifth Edition. Cary, NC: SAS Institute; 1997.
- 20Bureau of Health Professions. Seventh Report to the President and Congress on the Status of Health Personnel in the United States. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1996.
- 34The acquired immunodeficiency syndrome is a primary care disease. Ann Intern Med. 1988;109: 7735., , .
- 38Generalists providing antiretroviral therapy for patients with HIV/AIDS: Have the rules changed? SGIM Forum. 1998;21,6-8..