Effect of Computer Support on Younger Women with Breast Cancer
Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2001
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 7, pages 435–445, July 2001
How to Cite
Gustafson, D. H., Hawkins, R., Pingree, S., McTavish, F., Arora, N. K., Mendenhall, J., Cella, D. F., Serlin, R. C., Apantaku, F. M., Stewart, J. and Salner, A. (2001), Effect of Computer Support on Younger Women with Breast Cancer. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 16: 435–445. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.2001.016007435.x
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2001
- 8Health Services Research Group. Development of the Index of Medical Underservice. Health Services Research. Summer, 1975, 168–80.
- 10Enhancing cancer control: assessing cancer knowledge; attitudes and beliefs in disadvantaged communities. J La State Med Soc. 1999;151: 202–4.& .
- 11Social support and breast cancer: a review. J Psychosoc Oncol. 1991;9: 21–34., , , .
- 13Information needs, sources of information, and decisional roles in women with breast cancer. Oncol Nurs Forum. 1996;23: 691–6.& .
- 18Development and pilot evaluation of a computer-based support system for women with breast cancer. J Psychosoc Oncol. 1993;11: 69–93., , , et al.
- 19CHESS: an interactive computer system for women with breast cancer piloted with an under-served population. In: OzboltJG, ed. Transforming Information, Changing Health Care; Proceedings of the Eighteenth Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus; 1994., , , et al.
- 20Assessing the needs of breast cancer patients and their families. Qual Manage Healthcare. 1993;2(1): 6–17., , , .
- 21Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book. Reading, Mass: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company; 1995.& .
- 22The clinical evaluation of chemotherapeutic agents in cancer. In: MacleodCM, ed. Evaluation of Chemotherapeutic Agents. New York: Columbia University Press; 1949: 199–205.& .
- 24Regression and Linear Models. New York: McGraw Hill; 1990: 263–6..
- 25The relationship of self-directed learning, self-efficacy, and health value in young women with cancer using a computer health education program. Madison, Wis: University of Wisconsin; 1996. Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis..
- 26Reliability and validity of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Breast quality-of-life instrument. J Clin Oncol 1997: 974–86., , , et al.
- 31Regression with Dummy Variables. Newbury Park, Calif: Sage Publications Inc; 1993; Sage University Paper Series: Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences, Series No. 07–093..
- 32Applied multiple regression/correlation analysis for the behavioral sciences. 2nd Ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.; 1983.& .
- 34A simple sequentially rejective multiple test procedure. Scand J Stat. 1979;6: 65–70..
- 35Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. 2nd Ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.; 1988..
- 38U.S. Bureau of the Census. United States Population Estimates by Age, Sex, Race and Hispanic Origin, 1990–1997. Washington, DC: Population Division, U.S. Bureau of the Census; 1998: 20233.
- 39Computer support for elderly women with breast cancer: results of a population-based intervention. (Letter) JAMA. 1998;280(15)., , , et al.
- 40CommerceNet/Nielsen. Electronic commerce on the rise according to CommerceNet /Nielsen Media Research Survey. Jan. 7, 1998; http://www.commerce.net/news/press/121197.html .