Does Physician Education on Depression Management Improve Treatment in Primary Care?
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2001
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 9, pages 614–619, September 2001
How to Cite
Lin, E. H. B., Simon, G. E., Katzelnick, D. J. and Pearson, S. D. (2001), Does Physician Education on Depression Management Improve Treatment in Primary Care?. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 16: 614–619. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.2001.016009614.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2001
- 1Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Executive Summary. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine; March 2001: 2.
- 2Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, Md: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Mental Health Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health; 1999.
- 3Public Health Service Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. Depression in Primary Care. Vol. 2. Treatment of Major Depression. Rockville, Md: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; 1993. AHCPR publication no. 93-0551.
- 10Audit and feedback versus alternative strategies: effects on professional practice and health care outcomes. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;2: CD000260., , , , , .
- 18American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 4th Ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 1994.
- 19National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). HEDIS 2000 Narrative Vol. 1. Item # 10234-100-00. Washington, DC: National Committee for Quality Assurance; 2000.
- 20Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 3rd Ed. Oxford, England: Blackwell Scientific Publications; 1994: 428–9.& .
- 32Collaborative management of chronic illness. Ann Intern Med. 1997;27: 1097–102., , , , .