Risk Factors for Hepatitis C Virus Infection Among Homeless Adults
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2002
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 134–143, February 2002
How to Cite
Nyamathi, A. M., Dixon, E. L., Robbins, W., Smith, C., Wiley, D., Leake, B., Longshore, D. and Gelberg, L. (2002), Risk Factors for Hepatitis C Virus Infection Among Homeless Adults. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 17: 134–143. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.2002.10415.x
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2002
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2002
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hepatitis C science update. Paper presented to the National Press Club, Washington D.C., May 5, 1999.
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Viral hepatitis C. Available on-line: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/c/index. 2000. Accessed November 17, 2001.
- 5Homeless persons. In: AndersenR, RiceTH, KominskiGF, eds. Changing the U.S. Health Care System. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 1996..
- 8Course of homelessness among the seriously mentally ill. National Institute of Mental Health-sponsored study. Rockville, Md: National Institutes of Health; 1991., .
- 12Biology of human hepatitis viruses. In: ZakimD, BoyerTD, eds. Hepatology: A Textbook of Liver Disease (3rd Edition), Vol. 11. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders; 1996:1146–205..
- 15Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Recommendations for prevention and control of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and HCV-related chronic disease. MMRB Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1998;47:1–39.
- 22TCU/DATAR Forms Manual. Fort Worth, Tex: Institute of Behavioral Research, Texas Christian University; 1995., .
- 26The Course of Homelessness Among the Seriously Mentally Ill. An NIMH-Funded Proposal. Rockville, Md: National Institutes of Health; 1989., .
- 29National Institute of Drug Abuse. Hepatitis C: Community drug alert bulletin. (2000, July) [On-line]. Available: http://www.nida.nih.gov/HepatitsAlert/HepatitisAlert.html. Accessed May 19, 2000.
- 34Hepatitis C: the silent epidemic. Nurse Week. 1999;12:14–6..
- 39National Institutes of Health. Management of Hepatitis C. Paper presented to the National Institutes of Health Concensus Development Conference, March 24–26, 1997.