Effect of Primary Medical Care on Addiction and Medical Severity in Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2003
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 1–8, January 2003
How to Cite
Friedmann, P. D., Zhang, Z., Hendrickson, J., Stein, M. D. and Gerstein, D. R. (2003), Effect of Primary Medical Care on Addiction and Medical Severity in Substance Abuse Treatment Programs. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 18: 1–8. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.2003.10601.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2003
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2003
- 1National Treatment Improvement Evaluation Study. Final Report. Rockville, Md: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; 1997., , , et al.
- 2Predictors of follow-up health status in the Drug Abuse Treatment Outcome Study (DATOS). Drug Alcohol Depend. In press., , , .
- 4Effectiveness of treatment for drug abuse: an overview of the DARP research program. Adv Alcohol Subst Abuse. 1982;2: 7 – 29., .
- 5Drug Abuse Treatment: A National Study of Effectiveness. Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press; 1989., , , , , .
- 8Linking substance abuse treatment and primary health care. In: EgertsonJA, FoxDM, LeshnerAI, eds. Treating Drug Abusers Effectively. Malden, Mass: Blackwell Publishers; 1997: 311 – 51..
- 12Treatment of Drug Problems: A Study of the Evolution, Effectiveness and Financing of Public and Private Drug Treatment Systems. Report of the Committee for the Substance Abuse Coverage Study, Division of Health Care Services, Institute of Medicine. Washington D.C.: National Academy Press; 1990., . eds.
- 14Psychometric theory. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw Hill; 1978..
- 16Hierarchical Linear Models. Newbury Park: Sage; 1992., .
- 17SAS System For Mixed Models. Cary, NC: SAS Institute, Inc.; 1996., , , .