Encouraging Vietnamese-American Women to Obtain Pap Tests Through Lay Health Worker Outreach and Media Education
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2003
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 7, pages 516–524, July 2003
How to Cite
Lam, T. K., Mc Phee, S. J., Mock, J., Wong, C., Doan, H. T., Nguyen, T., Lai, K. Q., Ha-Iaconis, T. and Luong, T.-N. (2003), Encouraging Vietnamese-American Women to Obtain Pap Tests Through Lay Health Worker Outreach and Media Education. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 18: 516–524. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.2003.21043.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2003
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2003
- 4Responsible Research with Communities: Participatory Research in Primary Care. North American Primary Care Research Group Policy Statement. November 6, 1998Available at: http://napcrg.org/exec.html. Accessed March 13, 2002., , , , , .
- 5Racial/Ethnic Patterns of Cancer in the United States 1988–1992. National Cancer Institute Publication NIH 96–4104. Bethesda, Md: National Cancer Institute; 1996., , , et al. (eds).
- 14Centers for Disease Control. Behavioral risk factor survey of Vietnamese–California, 1991. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1992;41: 69–72.
- 17Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Health REACH 2010. Centers for Disease Control; 1999. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/reach 2010. Accessed May 6, 2002.
- 18U.S. Census Bureau. American Fact Finder, 2000. Available at: http://factfinder.census.gov/serlet/BasicFactsServlet. Accessed April 2, 2002.
- 19Population Change and California's Future. Washington, DC: Population Reference Bureau; 1985., .
- 22Pathways to early cancer detection in the multiethnic population of the San Francisco Bay Area. Health Educ Q. 1996;23(Suppl):10–27., , , , , .
- 23Health Promotion Planning: An Educational and Environmental Approach, 2nd ed. Mountain View, Calif: Mayfield; 1991., .
- 27Tailoring lay health worker interventions for diverse cultures: lessons learned from Vietnamese and Latina communities. Health Educ Q. 1996;23(Suppl):105–22., , , .
- 28Promoting breast and cervical cancer screening among Vietnamese American women: two interventions. Asian Am Pac Isl J Health. 1998;6: 344–50..