Migraine and Psychiatric Comorbidity: From Theory and Hypotheses to Clinical Application
Article first published online: 25 OCT 2002
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 42, Issue 9, pages 934–944, October 2002
How to Cite
Sheftell, F. D. and Atlas, S. J. (2002), Migraine and Psychiatric Comorbidity: From Theory and Hypotheses to Clinical Application. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 42: 934–944. doi: 10.1046/j.1526-4610.2002.02217.x
- Issue published online: 25 OCT 2002
- Article first published online: 25 OCT 2002
- Accepted for publication July 5, 2002.
- 2American Psychiatric Association. Work Group on DSM-IV-PC, American Academy of Family Physicians. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed. Primary Care Version, 1st ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 1995.
- 4Understanding Human Nature. New York: Greenberg; 1927..
- 5The Stress of Life. Rev. ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1978..
- 6The Wisdom of the Body. New York: W. W. Norton & Company; 1939:xviii, 19–333..
- 7An Introduction to the Study of Experimental Medicine. Mineola, NY: Dover Publications; 1927..
- 8Experimental Psychology, and Other Essays. New York: Philosophical Library; 1957..
- 9Psychosomatic Medicine, Its Principles and Applications, 1st ed. New York: Norton; 1950., .
- 10Headache and Other Head Pain, 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 1963..
- 18Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. Depression in Primary Care. Vol. 2. Treatment of Major Depression. Rockville, MD: AHCPR; 1993.
- 23MMPI-2: An Interpretive Mannual, 2nd ed. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon; 1999..
- 33Helplessness: On Depression, Development and Death. San Francisco: W. H. Freeman and Company; 1975..
- 35Advisory Committee of the Primary Care Network. Patient-centered strategies for effective management of migraine. Springfield, MO: PCN; 2000. http://www.primarycarenet.org/pcs
- 40Kaniecki RG. Nefazodone in the prophylaxis of migraine: a prospective open label trial [poster 42]. Presented at the 40th Annual Scientific Meeting The American Association for the Study of Headache, San Francisco, Calif., June 26-28, 1998.
- 41Migraine: Manifestation, Pathogenesis, and Management. Philadelphia, PA: F. A. Davis; 1995..
- 43Micropharmacology: treating disturbances of mood, thought, and behavior as specific neurotransmitter dysregulations rather than as clinical syndromes. Prim Psych. 2001;8: 28–32., .
- 47Headache in the abuse-prone individual. In: OlesenJ, Tfelt-HansenP, WelchKMA, eds. The Headaches, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins; 2000: 953–958., .