Levetiracetam, a New Antiepileptic Agent: Lack of In Vitro and In Vivo Pharmacokinetic Interaction with Valproic Acid
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2003
Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 171–178, February 2003
How to Cite
Coupez, R., Nicolas, J.-M. and Browne, Thomas R. (2003), Levetiracetam, a New Antiepileptic Agent: Lack of In Vitro and In Vivo Pharmacokinetic Interaction with Valproic Acid. Epilepsia, 44: 171–178. doi: 10.1046/j.1528-1157.2003.25302.x
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2003
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2003
- Accepted July 13, 2002.
- 10The effects of phenytoin and carbamazepine on serum concentrations of mono-unsaturated metabolites of valproic acid. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1990;29: 11–9., , , et al.
- 12Levetiracetam, a pyrrolidone recently licensed as an antiepileptic drug. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2002 (in press)., .
- 25Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Drug Information Branch. Guidance for industry: bioavailability and bioequivalence studies for orally administered drug products:: general considerations. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, 2000.
- 29Nicolas J-M, Collart P, Gerin B, et al. Levetiracetam: in vitro metabolism assays and prediction of drug-drug interaction. In: Boobis AR, Kremers P, Pelkonen O, et al., eds. Cost B1: European cooperation in the field of scientific and technical research. European Symposium on Prediction of Drug Metabolism in Man: Progress and Problems. Liège, Belgium, 1998:193–5.