The Relationship Between Leg Power and Physical Performance in Mobility-Limited Older People
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2002
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 461–467, March 2002
How to Cite
Md, J. F. B., Kiely, D. K., Herman, S., Leveille, S. G., Mizer, K., Frontera, W. R. and Fielding, R. A. (2002), The Relationship Between Leg Power and Physical Performance in Mobility-Limited Older People. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 50: 461–467. doi: 10.1046/j.1532-5415.2002.50111.x
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2002
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2002
- 1Some conceptual issues in disability and rehabilitation. In: SussmanM, ed. Sociology and Rehabilitation. Washington, DC: American Sociological Society, 1965, pp 100–113..
- 4Lower extremity function and subsequent disability: Consistency across studies, predictive models, and value of gait speed alone compared with the short physical performance battery. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2000;55A:M221–M231., , et al.
- 6The importance of skeletal muscle strength to physical function in older adults. Ann Behav Med 1991;13:91–98., .
- 7Aging, function and exercise. In: FronteraW, ed. Exercise in Rehabilitation Medicine. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 1999, pp 391–424., .
- 8Departures from linearity in the relationship between measuring of muscular strength and physical performance of the lower extremities: The Women's Health and Aging Study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 1997;52A:M275–M285., , et al.
- 9Interrelationships among disablement concepts. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 1998;53A:M395–M404., , et al.
- 10Exercise strategies should be designed to increase muscle power. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2000;55A:M309–M310..
- 12Association of muscle power with functional status in community dwelling elderly women. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1999;31:S378., , et al.
- 18The CES-D scale: A self-reported depression scale for research in the general population. Appl Psych Meas 1977;1:385–401..
- 20Falls efficacy as a measure of fear of falling. J Gerontol 1990;45:239–243., , .