This work was supported by grants from the National Institute on Aging (AG10418; AG00412) and the John Hartford Foundation (97299, 2000–0218). Dr. Chuang was supported by the VA National Quality Scholars Fellowship program. Dr. Covinsky was supported in part by an independent investigator award (K02HS00006-01) from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and a Paul Beeson Faculty Scholarship in Aging Research from the American Federation for Aging Research.
Diagnosis-Related Group–Adjusted Hospital Costs Are Higher in Older Medical Patients with Lower Functional Status
Article first published online: 20 NOV 2003
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 51, Issue 12, pages 1729–1734, December 2003
How to Cite
Chuang, K. H., Covinsky, K. E., Sands, L. P., Fortinsky, R. H., Palmer, R. M. and Landefeld, C. S. (2003), Diagnosis-Related Group–Adjusted Hospital Costs Are Higher in Older Medical Patients with Lower Functional Status. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 51: 1729–1734. doi: 10.1046/j.1532-5415.2003.51556.x
An abstract of this study was presented at the annual meetings of the Society of General Internal Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, May 3, 2002, and the American Geriatrics Society in Washington, DC, May 10, 2002.
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2003
- Article first published online: 20 NOV 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.