Comparative sensitivity of HBV NATs and HBsAg assays for detection of acute HBV infection
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2003
Volume 43, Issue 6, pages 788–798, June 2003
How to Cite
Biswas, R., Tabor, E., Hsia, C., Wright, David J., Laycock, Megan E., Fiebig, Eberhard W., Peddada, L., Smith, R., Schreiber, George B., Epstein, Jay S., Nemo, George J. and Busch, Michael P. (2003), Comparative sensitivity of HBV NATs and HBsAg assays for detection of acute HBV infection. Transfusion, 43: 788–798. doi: 10.1046/j.1537-2995.2003.00424.x
GSC = Genetic Systems Corporation; SC = seroconversion; S/CO = signal-to-cutoff; WB = whole blood; WP = window period.
This work was supported in part by the FDA and the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute's Retrovirus Epidemiology Donor Study (REDS), under the auspices of the REDS NAT Study Group. BioClinical Partners contributed HBV seroconversion panels and test manufacturers contributed reagents or performed assays at no charge to the study.
- Issue published online: 21 MAY 2003
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2003
- Received for publication September 24, 2002; revision received February 19, 2003, and accepted March 15, 2003.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.