Jonathan D. Arthurs is a Ph.D. student and Lowell W. Busenitz is an Associate Professor, at the Price College of Business at the University of Oklahoma.
The Boundaries and Limitations of Agency Theory and Stewardship Theory in the Venture Capitalist/Entrepreneur Relationship*
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2003
Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
Volume 28, Issue 2, pages 145–162, December 2003
How to Cite
Arthurs, J. D. and Busenitz, L. W. (2003), The Boundaries and Limitations of Agency Theory and Stewardship Theory in the Venture Capitalist/Entrepreneur Relationship. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 28: 145–162. doi: 10.1046/j.1540-6520.2003.00036.x
We wish to thank the participants of the retreat, two anonymous reviewers, and Ken Brunsman for their very constructive comments on earlier drafts of this article.
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2003
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!