Primary prevention of variceal bleeding. What's new?
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2001 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 1003–1004, April 2001
How to Cite
Lebrec, D. (2001), Primary prevention of variceal bleeding. What's new?. Hepatology, 33: 1003–1004. doi: 10.1053/jhep.2001.23070
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2003
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JAN 2001
- Manuscript Received: 4 JAN 2001
- 2The North Italian Endoscopic Club for the Study and Treatment of Esophageal Varices. Prediction of the first variceal hemorrhage in patients with cirrhosis of the liver and esophageal varices. A prospective Multicenter Study. N Engl J Med 1988; 319:983–989. MEDLINE
- 10Prevention of first bleeding in cirrhosis. A meta-analysis of randomized trials of nonsurgical treatment. Ann Intern Med 1992; 77:59–70., , , , , , , et al.
- 12Beta-adrenergic-antagonist drugs in the prevention of gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with cirrhosis and esophageal varices. An analysis of data and prognostic factors in 589 patients from four randomized clinical trials. N Engl J Med 1991; 324:1532–1538. MEDLINE, , , , , , , and the Franco-Italian Multicenter Study Group.