Evaluation of a new hepatitis B triple-antigen vaccine in inadequate responders to current vaccines
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2001 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 34, Issue 4, pages 798–802, October 2001
How to Cite
Zuckerman, J. N., Zuckerman, A. J., Symington, I., Du, W., Williams, A., Dickson, B. and Young, M. D. (2001), Evaluation of a new hepatitis B triple-antigen vaccine in inadequate responders to current vaccines. Hepatology, 34: 798–802. doi: 10.1053/jhep.2001.27564
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2003
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUL 2001
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 2000
- Medeva Group Development, Evans Medical Ltd., Leatherhead, Surrey, UK.
- 1Acute viral hepatitis. In: FauciAS, BraunwaldE, IsselbacherKJ, et al., eds. Harrisons Principles of Internal Medicine. Vol. 2, ed 14. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1998:1677–1692., .
- 2Hepatitis B virus: a comprehensive strategy for eliminating transmission in the United States through universal childhood vaccination: recommendations of the Immunization Practices Advisory Committee (ACIP). Center for Disease Control MMWR 1991; 40(RR-13):1–19
- 3United Kingdom Department of Health. Protecting Health Care Workers and Patients From Hepatitis B. Her Majesty's Stationery Office, HSG (93) 40, August 18th 1993.
- 5British Medical Association Board of Science and Education. A code of practice for implementation of the UK hepatitis B immunisation guidelines for the protection of patients and staff. British Medical Association Board of Science and Education, Tavistock Square, London, 1995.
- 7Characterization of the T- and B-cell immune response to a new recombinant pre-S1, pre-S2 and SHBs antigen containing hepatitis B vaccine (Hepagene); evidence for superior anti-SHBs antibody induction in responder mice. J Viral Hepat 1998; 5:5–8.MEDLINE, , , , , .
- 10SalisburyDM, BeggNT, eds. Immunisation against infectious disease. Department of Health, Welsh Office, Scottish Office Department of Health, DHSS (Northern Ireland) HMSO 1996.
- 14Antibody response to pre-S2 and hepatitis B virus induced liver damage. Lancet 1988; i:1421–1424., , , .
- 15Genetics of nonresponders to hepatitis B surface antigen and possible ways of circumventing “nonresponse”. In: ZuckermanAJ, ed. Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease. New York: Liss, 1988:714–716., , .
- 18Surface gene variation of hepatitis B virus: scientific and medical relevance. Viral Hepat Rev 1997; 3(1):5–16., .
- 27SchiffE, MaddreyWC, KeeffeEB, DavisGL, HoofnagleJH, et al., eds. Viral hepatitis—an epidemic in the making? New approaches to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of viral hepatitis. American Digestive Health Foundation, Digestive Health Initiative Viral Hepatitis Education Scientific Advisory Board and Section Chairs, American Liver Foundation. New Jersey, 1998.