Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) prevents DCA effects on male mouse liver via up-regulation of CXP and preservation of BSEP activities
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2002 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 305–314, August 2002
How to Cite
Paolini, M., Pozzetti, L., Montagnani, M., Potenza, G., Sabatini, L., Antelli, A., Cantelli-Forti, G. and Roda, A. (2002), Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) prevents DCA effects on male mouse liver via up-regulation of CXP and preservation of BSEP activities. Hepatology, 36: 305–314. doi: 10.1053/jhep.2002.34939
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Received: 27 JUL 2001
- MURST (Ministry of the University and of the Scientific and Technological Research of Italy), CIB (Interuniversity Biotechnology Center, Bologna), and Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio in Bologna
- 2Bile acids produce a generalized reduction of the catalytic activity of cytochromes P450 and other hepatic microsomal enzymes in vitro: relevance to drug metabolism in experimental cholestasis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 1996; 11:870–877.MEDLINE, .
- 5Ursodeoxycholate (UDC) prevents the hepatocellular damage caused by other bile salts as its conjugates in rats. Hepatology 1988; 8:1456–1460., , , .
- 8Tauro α-muricholate is as effective as Tauro β-muricholate and tauroursodeoxycholate in preventing the hepatocyte damage caused by continuous infusion of taurochenodeoxycholate in the rat. Hepatology 1994; 19:1011–1012., , , .
- 9The preventive effects of glycine conjugates of ursodeoxycholate, β-muricholate on taurochenodeoxycholate induced cholestasis in the rat. Acta Hepatol Jpn 1993; 34(suppl):247., , .
- 11Hypercholeresis induced by unconjugated bile acids infusion correlates with recovery in bile of unconjugated bile acids. Hepatology 1991; 13:340–550., , , , , .
- 26Simultaneous radiometric and fluorimetric detection of lauric acid metabolites using high-performance liquid chromatography following esterification with 4-bromomethyl-6,7-dimethoxycoumarin in human and rat liver microsomes. J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 1996; 681:233–239., , .
- 28Techniques in Protein Chemistry. Amsterdam: Elsevier 1967: 340–341..
- 30Statistics for Experiments. New York: Wiley 1978: 80–82., .