Effect of ribavirin on hepatitis C viral kinetics in patients treated with pegylated interferon
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2003 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 37, Issue 6, pages 1351–1358, June 2003
How to Cite
Herrmann, E., Lee, J.-H., Marinos, G., Modi, M. and Zeuzem, S. (2003), Effect of ribavirin on hepatitis C viral kinetics in patients treated with pegylated interferon. Hepatology, 37: 1351–1358. doi: 10.1053/jhep.2003.50218
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAR 2003
- Manuscript Received: 2 AUG 2002
- European Communities, specific RTD program “Quality of life and management of living resources,” QLK2-CT-2000-00836; by the BMBF program “Kompetenznetz Hepatitis (Hep-Net)”; and by an unrestricted grant from Hoffmann La Roche, Nutley, NJ.
- 5Clinical implications of a new tri-phasic model of hepatitis C viral kinetics during IFN-alpha therapy. Hepatology 2001; 33(Suppl):345A., , , , , .
- 8A branched methoxy 40 kDa polyethylene glycol (PEG) moiety optimizes the pharmacokinetics (PK) of peginterferon α-2a (PEG-IFN) and may explain its enhanced efficacy in chronic hepatitis C (CHC). Hepatology 1999; 30(Suppl):190A., , .
- 12Randomised trial of interferon alpha2b plus ribavirin for 48 weeks or for 24 weeks versus interferon alpha2b plus placebo for 48 weeks for treatment of chronic infection with hepatitis C virus. International Hepatitis Interventional Therapy Group (IHIT). Lancet 1998; 352:1426–1432., , , , , , , et al.
- 28Early prediction and mechanism of the ribavirin/IFN-α dual therapy effect on chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV). Hepatology 1999; 30(Suppl):309A., , , , .
- 29Effect of intermittent interferon (IFN), daily IFN and IFN plus ribavirin induction therapy on hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1b replication kinetics and clearance. Hepatology 1998; 28(Suppl):288A., , , , , , , et al.