Prevalence of HBV precore/core promoter variants in the United States
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 38, Issue 3, pages 619–628, September 2003
How to Cite
Chu, C.-J., Keeffe, E. B., Han, S.-H., Perrillo, R. P., Min, A. D., Soldevila-Pico, C., Carey, W., Brown, R. S., Luketic, V. A., Terrault, N. and Lok, A. S. F. (2003), Prevalence of HBV precore/core promoter variants in the United States. Hepatology, 38: 619–628. doi: 10.1053/jhep.2003.50352
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2003
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Received: 26 FEB 2003
- Innogenetics Inc. provided Inno-Lipa kits for HBV genotyping and detection of precore stop codon and core promoter variants. Roche Diagnostic Systems Inc. provided Cobas HBV Amplicor Monitor kits for quantitative HBV DNA testing. No grant funding was provided by Innogenetics or Roche. GlaxoSmithKline provided an unrestricted grant for collection and shipment of samples. C.J.C. was supported by Taipei Veterans General Hospital and Research Foundation of Digestive Medicine, Republic of China, E.B.K. was supported by the Hutchison Program in Translational Medicine at Stanford University, and A.S.F.L. was supported by National Institutes of Health contract N01-DK-9-2323 and grants U01-DK-60344 and U01-DK-57577.
- 12Reduced precore transcription and enhanced core-progenome transcription of hepatitis B virus DNA after replacement of the precore-core promoter with sequences associated with e antigen-seronegative persistent infections. Virology 1996; 226:269–280., , , .
- 22High prevalence of 1762T 1764A mutations in the basal core promoter of hepatitis B virus isolated from Black Africans with hepatocellular carcinoma compared with symptomatic carriers. Hepatology 1999; 29:946–953., , .
- 29Gastroenterology 2003 (In press)., , , , , , , et al, and the U.S. HBV Epidemiology Study Group. Hepatitis B virus genotypes in the United States: results of a nationwide study.