Liver transplantation for patients on methadone maintenance
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2002 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 8, Issue 9, pages 778–782, September 2002
How to Cite
Kanchana, T. P., Kaul, V., Manzarbeitia, C., Reich, D. J., Hails, K. C., Munoz, S. J. and Rothstein, K. D. (2002), Liver transplantation for patients on methadone maintenance. Liver Transpl, 8: 778–782. doi: 10.1053/jlts.2002.33976
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2003
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
- 2National Institutes of Health consensus development conference on liver transplantation. Hepatology 1984; 4(suppl):S107–S110.
- 7Methadone treatment protects against HIV infection: Two decades of experience in the Bronx, New York City. Public Health Rep 1998; 113(suppl 1):S107–S115., .
- 11National Institute on Drug Abuse. Heroin abuse and addiction, research report series. Washington, DC: National Institutes of Health publication 97–4165, 1997. Available at: http://www.nida.nih.gov/ResearchReports/Heroin/Heroin.html. Accessed: November 20, 2001.
- 12National Institutes of Health: Consensus statement: Effective medical treatment of opiate addiction. Bethesda: National Institutes of Health, 1997. Available at: http://odp.od.nih.gov/consensus/cons/108/108_statement.htm. Accessed: November 20, 2001.
- 131999. Available at: http://www.americanmethadone.org/nr1999.htm#association. Accessed: November 20, 2001.. Association survey identifies greater numbers in methadone treatment. American Methadone Treatment Organization News Report,
- 16NIH consensus panel recommends expanding access to and improving methadone treatment programs for heroin addiction. Available at: http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/nov97/od-19.htm. Accessed: November 20, 2001.
- 22The effectiveness of methadone maintenance treatment. New York: Springer-Verlag; 1991., .