Liver Transplantation And Hepatitis C: A Single Topic And Consensus Development Symposium
The role of immunosuppression in recurrence of hepatitis C
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages S63–S66, November 2003
How to Cite
Lake, J. R. (2003), The role of immunosuppression in recurrence of hepatitis C. Liver Transpl, 9: S63–S66. doi: 10.1053/jlts.2003.50264
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
1. Recurrent hepatitis C is an increasing problem posttransplantation.
2. It is difficult to determine histologically if alloimmunity, i.e., rejection, is also plays a role in posttransplantation hepatitis C.
3. Change in the degree of immunosuppression, rather than the absolute amount of immunosuppression, is bad for HCV-infected recipients.
4. Corticosteroid boluses are bad for HCV-infected recipients.