We thank Yakov Gilboa for dedicated research assistance, as well as Linda Babcock, Colin Camerer, Robert Kurzban, Orit Tykocinski, seminar participants at the 8th International Conference on Social Dilemmas in Zichron-Yaakov, Learning Rational, Evolutionary, and Experimental Aspects Workshop in Beer Sheva, the ESA Annual Meetings in Lake Tahoe, and the Russell Sage behavioral economics reunion, and especially an anonymous referee of this journal for valuable comments. Financial support was provided by the Department of Economics at Ben-Gurion University.
The Self-serving Bias and Beliefs about Rationality
Article first published online: 26 MAR 2007
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 237–246, April 2004
How to Cite
Kaplan, T. R. and Ruffle, B. J. (2004), The Self-serving Bias and Beliefs about Rationality. Economic Inquiry, 42: 237–246. doi: 10.1093/ei/cbh057
- Issue published online: 26 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 26 MAR 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!