Purification of correctly oxidized MHC class I heavy-chain molecules under denaturing conditions: A novel strategy exploiting disulfide assisted protein folding
Article first published online: 1 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2003 The Protein Society
Volume 12, Issue 3, pages 551–559, March 2003
How to Cite
Ferré, H., Ruffet, E., Blicher, T., Sylvester-Hvid, C., Nielsen, L. L. B., Hobley, T. J., Thomas, O. R.T. and Buus, S. (2003), Purification of correctly oxidized MHC class I heavy-chain molecules under denaturing conditions: A novel strategy exploiting disulfide assisted protein folding. Protein Science, 12: 551–559. doi: 10.1110/ps.0233003
- Issue published online: 1 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 1 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 9 DEC 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 DEC 2002
- Manuscript Received: 20 SEP 2002
- 1996. Phenotypic analysis of antigen-specific T lymphocytes. Science 274: 94–106. , , , , , , , and
- 2002. Fermentation and growth of Escherichia coli for optimal protein production. In Current protocols of protein science (eds. J.E.Coligan et al.), unit 5.3. John Wiley & Sons, New York. and
- 1999. Description and prediction of peptide-MHC binding: The “human MHC project”. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 11: 209–213.
- 1995. Receptor-ligand interactions measured by an improved spun column chromatography technique: A high efficiency and high throughput size separation method. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1243: 453–460. , , , , and
- 1997. Removal of chromosomal DNA by Mg2+ in the lysis buffer: An improved lysis protocol for preparing Escherichia coli whole-cell lysates for sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. Anal. Biochem. 246: 263–264. , and
- 2000. Intracellular surveillance: Controlling the assembly of MHC class I-peptide complexes. Traffic 1: 301–305.
- 2002. Disulfide bond isomerization and the assembly of MHC class I-peptide complexes. Immunity 16: 87–98. , , , and
- 1991. Allele-specific motifs revealed by sequencing of self-peptides eluted from MHC molecules. Nature 351: 290–296. , , , , and
- 1992. HLA-A2-peptide complexes: Refolding and crystallization of molecules expressed in Escherichia coli and complexed with single antigenic peptides. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 89: 3429–3433. , , and
- 1994. Definition of specific motifs for four major HLA-A alleles. J. Immunol. 152: 3913–3924. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1970. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227: 680–685.
- 1986. The purification of eukaryotic polypeptides synthesized in Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 240: 1–12.
- 2001. Efficient assembly of recombinant major histocompatibility complex class I molecules with preformed disulfide bonds. Eur. J. Immunol. 31: 2986–2996. , , , , , , , , , and
- 1996. In vitro folding of inclusion body proteins. FASEB J. 10: 49–56. and
- 1989. Molecular cloning: A laboratory manual, 2nd ed. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY. , , and
- 1985. Examination of calf prochymosin accumulation in Escherichia coli: Disulphide linkages are a structural component of prochymosin-containing inclusion bodies. EMBO J. 4: 775–780. , , and
- 1995. Characterization of class I MHC folding intermediates and their disparate interactions with peptide and β2-microglobulin. Mol. Immunol. 32: 531–540. , , , and
- 1977. Subunit and disulfide structure of monomeric and dimeric forms of detergent-soluble HLA antigens. J. Biol. Chem. 252: 4694–4700. , , , and
- 1996. pH dependence of MHC class I–restricted peptide presentation. J. Immunol. 156: 4191–4197. , , , , , , and
- 2002. Measuring peptide–MHC class I affinity by a quantitative ELISA. Tissue Antigens 59: 251–258. , , , , , , , , , and
- 1997. β2-Microglobulin and calnexin can independently promote folding and disulfide bond formation in class I histocompatibility proteins. Mol. Immunol. 34: 401–408. , , and
- 1999. Disulfide bond formation and folding of plant peroxidases expressed as inclusion body protein in Escherichia coli thioredoxin reductase negative strains. Protein Expr. Purif. 15: 77–82. , , and
- 1999. Effects of macromolecular crowding on protein folding and aggregation. EMBO J. 18: 6927–6933. , , and
- 2002. Use of protein folding reagents. In Current protocols of protein science (eds. J.E.Coligan et al.), appendix 3A. John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- 1993: An HLA-A11-specific motif in nonamer peptides derived from viral and cellular proteins. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 90: 2217–2221. , , , and