These authors contributed equally to this work.
Library analysis of SCHEMA-guided protein recombination
Article first published online: 1 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2003 The Protein Society
Volume 12, Issue 8, pages 1686–1693, August 2003
How to Cite
Meyer, M. M., Silberg, J. J., Voigt, C. A., Endelman, J. B., Mayo, S. L., Wang, Z.-G. and Arnold, F. H. (2003), Library analysis of SCHEMA-guided protein recombination. Protein Science, 12: 1686–1693. doi: 10.1110/ps.0306603
- Issue published online: 1 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 1 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Received: 17 FEB 2003
- Arnold, F.H., ed. 2001a. Advances in protein chemistry, Vol. 55. Academic Press, San Diego, CA.
- 2001b. Combinatorial and computational challenges for biocatalyst design. Nature 409: 253–257. , ed.
- Bernstein, S. and Bernstein, R., eds. 1999. Elements of statistics II: Inferential statistics. McGraw-Hill, New York.
- 1998. DNA shuffling of a family of genes from diverse species accelerates directed evolution. Nature 391: 288–291. , , , and
- 2001. Degenerate oligonucleotide gene shuffling (DOGS): A method for enhancing the frequency of recombination with family shuffling. Gene 271: 13–20. , , and
- 1997. SWISS-MODEL and the Swiss-PdbViewer: An environment for comparative protein modeling. Electrophoresis 18: 2714–2723. and
- 1989. Engineering hybrid genes without the use of restriction enzymes: Gene splicing by overlap extension. Gene 77: 61–68. , , , , and
- 1993. Crystal structure of Escherichia coli TEM1 β-lactamase at 1.8 Å resolution. Proteins 16: 364–383. , , , and
- 2002. Analysis of shuffled gene libraries. J. Mol. Biol. 316: 643–656. , , and
- 2001. Insights into the molecular basis for the carbenicillinase activity of PSE-4 β-lactamase from crystallographic and kinetic studies. Biochemistry 40: 395–402. , , , , , and
- 2001. Creating multiple-crossover DNA libraries independent of sequence identity. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 98: 11248–11253. , , , , and
- 1998. Catalytic properties of class A β-lactamases: Efficiency and diversity. Biochem. J. 330: 581–598. , , and
- 2003. Analysis of shuffled libraries by oligonucleotide probe hybridization. Methods Mol. Biol. 231: 177–188. , , and
- 1999. Protein evolution by molecular breeding. Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 3: 284–290. and
- 1997. Strategies for the in vitro evolution of protein function: Enzyme evolution by random recombination of improved sequences. J. Mol. Biol. 272: 336–347. , , , and
- 2002. Structure-based combinatorial protein engineering (SCOPE). J. Mol. Biol. 321: 677. , , and
- 2001. Evolution of protein function by domain swapping. Adv. Protein Chem. 55: 29–77. and
- 1999. A combinatorial approach to hybrid enzymes independent of DNA homology. Nat. Biotechnol. 17: 1205–1209. , , and
- 1998. Characterization of a PSE-4 mutant with different properties in relation to penicillanic acid sulfones: Importance of residues 216 to 218 in class A β-lactamases. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 42: 2319–2325. , , , , , and
- 2000. Structure–function analysis of α-helix H4 using PSE-4 as a model enzyme representative of class A β-lactamases. Protein Eng. 13: 267–274. , , , , and
- 2001. Libraries of hybrid proteins from distantly related sequences. Nat. Biotechnol. 19: 456–460. , , and
- 2000. Modular retro-vectors for transgenic and therapeutic use. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 56: 309–315. , , , , , , and
- 1994a. DNA shuffling by random fragmentation and reassembly: In vitro recombination for molecular evolution. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 91: 10747–10751.
- 1994b. Rapid evolution of a protein in vitro by DNA shuffling. Nature 370: 389–391.
- 2002. Protein building blocks preserved by recombination. Nat. Struct. Biol. 9: 553–558. , , , , and
- 1999. Recombination and chimeragenesis by in vitro heteroduplex formation and in vivo repair. Nucleic Acids Res. 27: e18. , , and
- 1998. Molecular evolution by staggered extension process (StEP) in vitro recombination. Nat. Biotechnol. 16: 258–261. , , , , and