Packing, specificity, and mutability at the binding interface between the p160 coactivator and CREB-binding protein
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2004 The Protein Society
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 203–210, January 2004
How to Cite
Demarest, S. J., Deechongkit, S., Jane Dyson, H., Evans, R. M. and Wright, P. E. (2004), Packing, specificity, and mutability at the binding interface between the p160 coactivator and CREB-binding protein. Protein Science, 13: 203–210. doi: 10.1110/ps.03366504
- Issue online: 1 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 SEP 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 16 SEP 2003
- Manuscript Received: 13 AUG 2003
- 1992. Structure of the leucine zipper. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 2: 205–210.
- 2001. Nuclear hormone receptors and gene expression. Physiol. Rev. 81: 1269–1304. and
- 1995. Steroid hormone receptors: Many actors in search of a plot. Cell 83: 851–857. , , and
- 2001. Structure of a BRCA1-BARD1 heterodimeric RING-RING complex. Nat. Struct. Biol. 8: 833–837. , , , , and
- 1998. X-ray crystallographic studies of eukaryotic transcription factors. Cold Spring Harb. Symp. Quant. Biol. 63: 33–40.
- 1997. Nuclear receptor coactivator ACTR is a novel histone acetyltransferase and forms a multimeric activation complex with P/CAF and CBP/p300. Cell 90: 569–580. , , , , , , , , and
- 1943. Proteins, amino acids, and peptides as ions and dipolar ions. Reinhold Publishing Corp., New York. and
- 2002. Mutual synergistic folding in recruitment of CBP/p300 by p160 nuclear receptor coactivators. Nature 415: 549–553. , , , , , , , and
- 2000. The coregulator exchange in transcriptional functions of nuclear receptors. Genes & Dev. 14: 121–141. and
- 2000. CBP/p300 in cell growth, transformation, and development. Genes & Dev. 14: 1553–1577. and
- 1996. Structure of the p53 tumor suppressor bound to the ankyrin and SH3 domains of 53BP2. Science 274: 1001–1005. and
- 1994. Thermodynamic puzzle of apomyoglobin unfolding. J. Mol. Biol. 235: 1318–1325. and
- 2001. Conversion of monomeric protein L to an obligate dimer by computational protein design. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 98: 10687–10691. , , , , and
- 1989. The molten globule state as a clue for understanding the folding and cooperativity of globular-protein structure. Proteins 6: 87–103.
- 2000. The SRC family of nuclear receptor coactivators. Gene 245:1–11. and
- 1997. Coexpression of nuclear receptor partners increases their solubility and biological activities. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 94: 2278–2283. , , , and
- 2001. A small domain of cbp/p300 binds diverse proteins. Solution structure and functional studies. Mol. Cell 8: 581–590. , , , , , and
- 2001. Transcriptional coactivator complexes. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 70: 475–501. , , and
- 1999. Mechanism of corepressor binding and release from nuclear hormone receptors. Genes & Dev. 13: 3209–3216. , , , , , , , , , and
- 1998. Ligand binding and co-activator assembly of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ. Nature 395: 137–143. , , , , , , , , , and
- 2000. The structural basis for the recognition of acetylated histone H4 by the bromodomain of histone acetyltransferase Gcn5p. EMBO J. 19: 6141–6149. , , , , , , , , and
- 1992. Transcription factors: Structural families and principles of DNA recognition. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 61: 1053–1095. and
- 1986. Determination and analysis of urea and guanidine hydrochloride denaturation curves. Methods Enzymol. 131: 266–280.
- 1996. Intermediate states in protein folding. J. Mol. Biol. 258: 707–725.
- 1988. Stability of protein structure and hydrophobic interaction. Advan. Protein Chem. 39: 191–234. and
- 1997. Solution structure of the KIX domain of CBP bound to the transactivation domain of CREB: A model for activator:coactivator interactions. Cell 91: 741–752. , , , , , and
- 1997. Comparison of NH exchange and circular dichroism as techniques for measuring the parameters of the helix-coil transition in peptides. Biochemistry 36: 8435–8442. and
- 2000. Structural basis of dimerization, coactivator recognition and MODY3 mutations in HNF-1α. Nat. Struct. Biol. 7: 744–748. , , , , , and
- 2001. Analysis of the steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC1)-CREB binding protein interaction interface and its importance for the function of SRC1. Mol. Cell Biol. 21: 39–50. , , , , and
- 1998. The structural basis of estrogen receptor/coactivator recognition and the antagonism of this interaction by tamoxifen. Cell 95: 927–937. , , , , , , and
- 1997. Nuclear receptors: Structure, function and involvement in disease. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 29: 1325–1341. and
- 1998. The coactivator TIF2 contains three nuclear receptor-binding motifs and mediates transactivation through CBP binding-dependent and -independent pathways. EMBO J. 17: 507–519. , , , , , and
- 2002. Structural basis for antagonist-mediated recruitment of nuclear co-repressors by PPARa. Nature 415: 813–817. , , , , , , , , , , et al.