Expression of human peripheral cannabinoid receptor for structural studies
Article first published online: 1 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2005 The Protein Society
Volume 14, Issue 10, pages 2638–2653, October 2005
How to Cite
Yeliseev, A. A., Wong, K. K., Soubias, O. and Gawrisch, K. (2005), Expression of human peripheral cannabinoid receptor for structural studies. Protein Science, 14: 2638–2653. doi: 10.1110/ps.051550305
- Issue published online: 1 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 1 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 19 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 28 APR 2005
- 1999. Membrane protein–ligand interactions in Escherichia coli vesicles and living cells monitored via a biosynthetically incorporated tryptophan analogue. Biochemistry 38: 9798–9803. , , and
- 2003. Efficient biosynthetic incorporation of tryptophan and indole analogs in an integral membrane protein. Protein Sci. 12: 1991–2000. , , , and
- 1997. Expression in Escherichia coli and characterisation of the human central CB1 and peripheral CB2 cannabinoid receptors. Biotechnol. Lett. 19: 425–428. , , , and
- 1999. The third transmembrane helix of the cannabinoid receptor plays a role in the selectivity of aminoalkylindoles for CB2, peripheral cannabinoid receptor. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Therap. 291: 837–844. , , , and
- 1992. Cannabinoid agonists stimulate both receptor-mediated and non-receptor-mediated signal transduction pathways in cells transfected with and expressing cannabinoid receptor clones. Mol. Pharmacol. 42: 838–845. , , , , and
- 1995. Comparison of the pharmacology and signal-transduction of the human cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors. Mol. Pharmacol. 48: 443–450. , , , , , , , , and
- 2002. Expression of CB2 cannabinoid receptor in Pichia pastoris. Prot. Express. Purification 26: 496–505. , , , and
- 2004. Multinuclear NMR studies of single lipid bilayers supported in cylindrical aluminum oxide nanopores. Langmuir 20: 7711–7719. , , , and
- 1999. Agonist selective regulation of G proteins by cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors. Mol. Pharmacol. 56: 1362–1369. and
- 1997. Quantitative evaluation of neurotensin receptor purification by immobilized metal affinity chromatography. Prot. Express. Purification 11: 53–60. and
- 1999. Improved purification of a rat neurotensin receptor expressed in Escherichia coli. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 27: 899–903. , , and
- 1995. Water suppression that works—Excitation sculpting using arbitrary wave-forms and pulsed-field gradients. J. Magn. Reson. Series A 112: 275–279. and
- 1985. Rhodopsin-egg phosphatidylcholine reconstitution by an octyl glucoside dilution procedure. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 812: 369–376. and
- 2001. Tobacco etch virus protease: Mechanism of autolysis and rational design of stable mutants with wild-type catalytic proficiency. Prot. Engineering 14: 993–1000. , , , , , , and
- 1999. Structure-activity relationships of pyrazole derivatives as cannabinoid receptor antagonists. J. Med. Chem. 42: 769–776. , , , , , , , and
- 1986. Cellular effects of cannabinoids. Pharmacol. Rev. 38: 45–74.
- 1997. Molecular aspects of cannabinoid receptors. Crit. Rev. Neurobiol. 11: 143–166.
- 1993. Molecular characterization of a peripheral receptor for cannabinoids. Nature 365: 61–65. , , and
- 1996. Structural and enzymatic aspects of rhodopsin phosphorylation. J. Biol. Chem. 271: 5215–5224. , , , , , , and
- 1999. Pharmacology of cannabinoid receptor ligands. Curr. Med. Chem. 6: 635–664.
- 2000. Cannabinoid receptor ligands: Clinical and neuropharmacological considerations, relevant to future drug discovery and development. Expert Opin. Invest. Drugs 9: 1553–1571.
- 2001. Cannabinoid receptor ligands. Tocris Rev. 16: 1–8.
- 2003. A novel method for the biosynthesis of deuterated proteins with selective protonation at the aromatic rings of Phe, Tyr and Trp. J. Biomol. NMR 27: 81–86. , , , , , , and
- 1999. Agonist inverse agonist characterization at CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors of L759633, L759656 and AM630. Brit. J. Pharmacol. 126: 665–672. , , , , , , and
- 2001. Molecular cloning: A laboratory manual, 3rd ed. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY. and
- 1991. Recycling of docosahexaenoic acid in rat retinas during N-3 fatty-acid deficiency. J. Lipid Res. 32: 2009–2017. , , and
- 1985. Intracellular localization of phospholipid transfer activity in Rhodopseudomonas sphaeroides and a possible role in membrane biogenesis. J. Bacteriol. 164: 181–186. and
- 1996. Purification of a rat neurotensin receptor expressed in Escherichia coli. Biochem. J. 317: 891–899. and
- 1976. Protoplast formation in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 128: 668–670.
- 2002. Purification and characterization of the human adenosine A(2a) receptor functionally expressed in Escherichia coli. Eur. J. Biochem. 269: 82–92. and
- 2004. Automated large-scale purification of a G protein-coupled receptor for neurotensin. FEBS Lett. 564: 289–293. , , , and