Solution structure of the receptor tyrosine kinase EphB2 SAM domain and identification of two distinct homotypic interaction sites
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1999 The Protein Society
Volume 8, Issue 10, pages 1954–1961, 1999
How to Cite
Smalla, M., Schmieder, P., Kelly, M., Laak, A. T., Krause, G., Ball, L., Wahl, M., Bork, P. and Oschkinat, H. (1999), Solution structure of the receptor tyrosine kinase EphB2 SAM domain and identification of two distinct homotypic interaction sites. Protein Science, 8: 1954–1961. doi: 10.1110/ps.8.10.1954
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUN 1999
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAR 1999
- 1996. Identification of Ste4 as a potential regulator of Byr2 in the sexual response pathway of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Cell Biol 16: 5597–5603. , , ,
- 1990. 1H-1H correlation via isotropic mixing of 13C magnetization, a new three-dimensional approach for assigning 1H and 13C spectra of 13C enriched proteins. J Magn Reson 88: 425–431. , , .
- 1998. Predicting functions from protein sequences—where are the bottlenecks. Nature Genet 18: 313–318. , .
- 1983. Coherence transfer by isotropic mixing: Application to proton correlation spectroscopy. J Magn Reson 53: 521–528. , .
- 1997. Tyrosine phosphorylation of transmembrane ligands for Eph receptors. Science 275: 1640–1643. , ,
- 1992. X-PLOR version 3.1. A system for X-ray crystallography and NMR. New Haven, Connecticut: Yale University Press.
- 1992. Suppression of cross-relaxation effects in TOCSY spectra via a modified DIPSI-2 mixing sequence. J Magn Reson 96: 670–678. ,
- 1991. Application of three- and four-dimensional heteronuclear NMR spectroscopy to protein structure determination. Prog NMR Spectrosc 23: 43–92. , .
- 1994. Ligands for Eph-related receptor tyrosine kinases that require membrane attachment or clustering for activity. Science 266: 816–819. , , , , , , , .
- Eph Nomenclature Committee. 1997. Cell 90: 403.
- 1996. Treatment of NOE constraints involving equivalent or nonstereoassigned protons in calculations of biomacromolecular structures. J Biomol NMR 8: 292–310. , , ,
- 1993. MEXICO: Measurement of proton exchange rates in isotropically labeled compounds. J Am Chem Soc 115: 11620–11621. , ,
- 1992a. Correlating backbone amide and side chain resonances in large proteins by multiple relay triple resonance NMR. J Am Chem Soc 114: 6291–6293. ,
- 1992b. An efficient experiment for sequential backbone assignment of medium sized isotopically enriched proteins. J Magn Reson 99: 201–207. ,
- 1993. Amino acid type determination in the sequential assignment procedure of uniformly 13C/15N enriched proteins. J Biomol NMR 3: 185–204. ,
- 1996. Bidirectional signaling through the Eph-family receptor Nuk and its transmembrane ligands. Nature 383: 722–725. , , , , ,
- 1993. Protein structure comparison by alignment of distance matrices. J Mol Biol 233: 123–138. ,
- 1979. Investigation of exchange processes by two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy. J Chem Phys 71: 4546–4553. , , , .
- 1990. Proton-proton correlation via carbon-carbon couplings: A three-dimensional NMR approach for the assignment of aliphatic resonances in proteins labeled with carbon-13. J Am Chem Soc 112: 888–889. , ,
- 1996. MOLMOL: A program for display and analysis of macromolecular structures. J Mol Graphics 14: 51–55. , ,
- 1989. ANSIG: A program for the assignment of protein 1H two-dimensional NMR spectra by interactive computer graphics. J Magn Reson 84: 627–633.
- 1992. Atomic structure of the DNA repair [4Fe-4S] enzyme endonuclease III. Science 258: 435–441. , , , , , .
- 1998. The SAM domain of polyhomeotic, RAE28, and Scm mediates specific interactions through conserved residues. Dev Genet 22: 74–84. , .
- 1993. PROCHECK: A program to check the stereochemical quality of protein structures. J Appl Crystallogr 26: 283–291. , , , .
- 1992. An efficient triple resonance experiment using carbon-13 isotropic mixing for the determining sequence-specific resonance assignment of isotropically-enriched proteins. J Am Chem Soc 114: 6291–6293. , , ,
- 1995. SCOP: A structural classification of proteins database for the investigation of sequence and structures. J Mol Biol 247: 536–540. , , ,
- 1988. Determination of three-dimensional structures of proteins from interproton distance data by hybrid distance-dynamical simulated annealing calculations. FEBS Lett 239: 129–136. , , .
- 1997. The Eph receptor family: Axonal guidance by contact repulsion. Trends Genet 13: 354–359. ,
- 1982. Multiple quantum filter for elucidating NMR coupling networks. J Am Chem Soc 104: 6800–6801. , , .
- 1995. SAM: A novel motif in yeast sterile and Drosophila polyhomeotic proteins. Protein Sci 4: 1928–1930. .
- 1996. Crystal structure of DNA recombination protein RuvA and a model for its binding to the holliday junction. Science 274: 415–421. , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Crystal structure of a rat DNA polymerase b: Evidence for a common polymerase mechanism. Science 264: 1930–1935. , , , ,
- 1997. SAM as a protein interaction domain involved in developmental regulation. Protein Sci 6: 249–253. , , ,
- 1999 The crystal structure of an Eph receptor SAM domain reveals a mechanism for modular dimerization. Nature Struct Biol 6: 44–49. , , ,
- 1996. Ligand activation of ELK receptor tyrosine kinase promotes its association with Grb10 and Grb2 in vascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem 271: 23588–23593. , , .
- 1998. Eph receptors discriminate specific ligand oligomers to determine alternative signaling complexes, attachment, and assembly responses. Genes Dev 12: 667–678. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Oligomeric structure of the human EphB2 receptor SAM Domain. Science 283: 833–836. , , .