Locating and identifying posttranslational modifications by in-source decay during MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1999 The Protein Society
Volume 8, Issue 11, pages 2487–2493, 1999
How to Cite
Lennon, J. J. and Walsh, K. A. (1999), Locating and identifying posttranslational modifications by in-source decay during MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Protein Science, 8: 2487–2493. doi: 10.1110/ps.8.11.2487
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 1999
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAY 1999
- 1996. Phosphopeptide analysis by matrix-assisted laser desorption time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Anal Chem 68: 3413–3421. , .
- 1988. Contributions of mass spectrometry to peptide and protein structure. Biomed Environ Mass Spectrom 16: 99–111.
- 1996. Factors that influence the observed fast fragmentation of peptides in matrix-assisted laser desorption. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 7: 225–232. , , .
- 1995. Sequence-specific fragmentation of matrix-assisted laser-desorbed protein/peptide ions. Anal Chem 67: 3990–3999. , .
- 1996. Selective detection and sequencing of phosphopeptides at the femtomole level by mass spectrometry. Anal Biochem 239: 180–192. , , .
- 1991. LC/MS and LC/MS/MS screening for the sites of posttranslational modification in proteins. In: JörnvallH, HöögJO, Gustavsson, eds. Methods in protein sequence analysis. Basel: Birkhäuser Verlag. pp 249–256. , , , ,
- 1994. Co- and post-translational modification of proteins. Chemical principles and biological effects. New York: Oxford University Press. , , .
- 1993. Selective detection of phosphopeptides in complex mixtures by electrospray liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 4: 710–717. , , , .
- 1988. Laser desorption ionization of proteins with molecular masses exceeding 10000 daltons. Anal Chem 60: 2299–2301. ,
- 1998. Applications of in-source fragmentation of protein ions for direct sequence analysis by delayed extraction MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Anal Chem 70: 4410–4416. , , .
- 1994. Sequencing of peptides in a time-of-flight mass spectrometer: Evaluation of postsource decay following matrixassisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI). Int J Mass Spectrom Ion Processes 131: 355–385. , ,
- 1993. Mass spectrometric sequencing of linear peptides by product-ion analysis in a reflectron time-of-flight mass spectrometer using matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization. Rapid Comm Mass Spectrom 7: 902–910. , ,
- 1997. Direct sequence analysis of proteins by in-source fragmentation during delayed ion extraction. Protein Sci 6: 2446–2453. , .
- 1998. Unknown peptide sequencing using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization and in-source decay. Anal Chem 70: 1214–1222. , , , ,
- 1996. Sherpa: A Macintosh-based expert system for the interpretation of ESI LC/MS and MS/MS of protein digests. Rapid Comm Mass Spectrom 10: 679–687. , , .
- 1998. Electron capture dissociation of multiply charged protein cations. A nonergodic process. J Am Chem Soc 120: 3265–3266. , , .
- 1999. Electron capture dissociation of gaseous multiplycharged proteins is favored at disulfide bonds and other sites of high hydrogen atom affinity. J Am Chem Soc 121: 2857–2862. , , , , , , .