Denaturant mediated unfolding of both native and molten globule states of maltose binding protein are accompanied by large ΔCp's
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1999 The Protein Society
Volume 8, Issue 8, pages 1689–1695, 1999
How to Cite
Sheshadri, S., Lingaraju, G. M. and Varadarajan, R. (1999), Denaturant mediated unfolding of both native and molten globule states of maltose binding protein are accompanied by large ΔCp's. Protein Science, 8: 1689–1695. doi: 10.1110/ps.8.8.1689
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 APR 1999
- Manuscript Received: 22 JAN 1999
- Government of India
- 1995. Thermodynamics of denaturation of barstar: Evidence for cold denaturation and evaluation of interaction with guanidine hydrochloride. Biochemistry 34: 3286–3299. , .
- 1996. Rapid formation of a molten globule intermediate in refolding of α-lactalbumin. Folding Design 1: 275–287. ,
- 1989. Characterization of a partly folded protein by NMR methods: Studies on the molten globule state of guinea pig alpha lactalbumin. Biochemistry 28: 7–13. , , ,
- 1989. Low temperature unfolding of a mutant of T4 lysozyme. 1. Equilibrium studies. Biochemistry 28: 685–691. , .
- 1998. Conformational stability of muscle acylphosphatase: The role of temperature, denaturant concentration, and pH. Biochemistry 37: 1447–1455. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Characterizationofurea inducedmolten globule intermediate state glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase from E. coli. Biochemistry 34: 5242–5247. , ,
- 1981. Alpha-lactalbumin: Compact state with fluctuating tertiary structure? FEBS Lett 136: 311–315. , , , , , , .
- 1984. Molten globule state accumulates in carbonic anhydrase unfolding. FEBS Lett 165: 88–92. , , , .
- 1984. Sequences of the Mal E gene and of its product, the maltose-binding protein of E. coli K12. J Biol Chem 259: 10606–10613. , , , , ,
- 1997. Probing the partly folded states of proteins by limited proteolysis. Folding Design 2:R17–R26. , , , ,
- 1997. Thermo-dynamic characterization of reversible, two state unfolding of maltose binding protein, a large two domain protein. Biochemistry 36: 5020–5028. , , , ,
- 1989. Conformational states of β-lactamase: Molten globule states at acidic and alkaline pH with high salt. Biochemistry 28: 945–952. , .
- 1994. Thermodynamic puzzle of apomyoglobin unfolding. J Mol Biol 235: 1318–1325. , .
- 1994. Salt induced formation of the molten globule state of cytochrome c studied by isothermal titration calorimetry. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91: 10325–10329. , , , ,
- 1990. Structural characterization of partly folded apomyoglobin intermediate. Science 249: 1544–1548. , , .
- 1997. Molten globule state of equine β-lactoglobulin. Proteins Struct Funct Genet 22: 567–575. , , ,
- 1990. Structural description of acid denatured cytochrome c by hydrogen exchange & two-dimensional NMR. Biochemistry 29: 10433–10437. , , , ,
- 1993. Formation of a molten globule intermediate early in the kinetic folding pathway of apomyoglobin. Science 262: 892–896. , .
- 1996. Packing interactions in the apomyoglobin intermediate. Nature Struct Biol 3: 439–445. , .
- 1992. Thermodynamic characterization of cytochrome c at low pH. Observation of the molten globule state and of the cold denaturation process. J Mol Biol 223: 1139–1153. , ,
- 1989. The molten globule state as a clue for understanding the folding and cooperativity of globular protein structure. Proteins 6: 87–103.
- 1992. Protein interactions with urea and guani-dinium chloride A calorimetric study. J Mol Biol 226: 491–505. , .
- 1998. Native tertiary structure in an A state. J Mol Biol 275: 379–388. , , .
- 1995. A native tertiary interaction stabilizes the A state of cytochrome c. Biochemistry 34: 3140–3143. , .
- 1990. Genetic approach to the role of tryptophan residues in the activities and fluorescence of a bacterial periplasmic maltose binding protein. J Mol Biol 214: 337–352. , , , ,
- 1995. Structural basis of the stability of a lysozyme molten globule. Nature Struct Biol 2: 871–875. , , , , .
- 1995. Denaturant m values and heat capacity changes: Relation to changes in accessible surface areas of protein unfolding. Protein Sci 4: 2138–2148. , , .
- 1996. Denaturant m values and heat capacity changes: Relation to changes in accessible surface areas of protein unfolding. Biochemistry 35: 11369–11378. , .
- 1995. Thermodynamic stability of the molten globule state of apomyoglobin. J Mol Biol 250: 223–238. , ,
- 1993. Further examination of the intermediate state in the denaturation of the tryptophan synthase alpha subunit. Evidence that the equilibrium intermediate is a molten globule. J Mol Biol 234: 1197–1206. , ,
- 1983. Molten globule state: A compact form of globular proteins with mobile side chains. FEBS Lett 164: 21–24. ,
- 1996. How molten globule is the molten globule? Nat Struct Biol 3: 488–490.
- 1997. The kinetic folding intermediate of ribonuclease H resembles the acid molten globule and partially unfolded molecules detected under native conditions. Nat Struct Biol 4: 298–304. ,
- 1994. Structural characterization of a highly ordered molten globule at low pH. Nat Struct Biol 1: 23–28. , , .
- 1959. The preparation of subtilisin modified ri-bonuclease and the separation of its peptide and protein fragments. J Biol Chem 234: 1459–1465. , .
- 1987. The thermodynamic stability of proteins. Annu Rev Biophys Chem 16: 115–137. .
- 1996. Thermodynamic properties of an extremely rapid protein folding reaction. Biochemistry 35: 16833–16842. , .
- 1992. Crystallographic evidence of a large ligand induced hinge twist motions between two domains of the maltodextrin protein involved in active transport and chemotaxis. Biochemistry 31: 10657–10663. , , , .
- 1992. Use of liquid hydrocarbon and amide transfer data to estimate contributions to thermodynamic functions of protein folding from the removal of nonpolar and polar surface from water. Biochemistry 31: 3947–3955. , , .
- 1991. The 2.3 Å resolution structure of the maltose and maltodextrin binding protein, a primary receptor of bacterial active transport and chemotaxis. J Biol Chem 226: 5202–5219. , , .
- 1993. Are the molten globule and the unfolded states of apo-α-lactalbumin enthalpically equivalent? J Mol Biol 232: 5–8. , ,
- 1992. Absence of the thermal transition in apo-alpha-lactalbumin in the molten globule. A study by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). J Mol Biol 228: 347–350. , ,