For The Record
p53 Family members p63 and p73 are SAM domain-containing proteins
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1999 The Protein Society
Volume 8, Issue 8, pages 1708–1710, 1999
How to Cite
Thanos, C. D. and Bowie, J. U. (1999), p53 Family members p63 and p73 are SAM domain-containing proteins. Protein Science, 8: 1708–1710. doi: 10.1110/ps.8.8.1708
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 APR 1999
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAR 1999
- 1991. Amethod to identify protein sequences that fold into a known three-dimensional structure. Science 253: 164–170. , ,
- 1998. Two new p73 splice variants, gamma and delta, with different transcriptional activity. J Exp Med 188: 1763–1768. , , , , , , ,
- 1987. A novel putative tyrosine kinase receptor encoded by the eph gene. Science 238: 1717–1720. , , , ,
- 1998. PDZ-domain-mediated interaction of the Eph-related receptor tyrosine kinase EphB3 and the ras-binding protein AF6 depends on the kinase activity of the receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95: 9779–9784. , , , , , , , , ,
- 1997. p73 is a human p53-related protein that can induce apoptosis [see Comments]. Nature 389: 191–194. , , .
- 1997. A domain of TEL conserved in a subset of ETS proteins defines a specific oligomerization interface essential to the mitogenic properties of the TEL-PDGFR beta oncoprotein. EMBO J 16: 69–82. , , , , , , , , ,
- 1997. Monoallelically expressed gene related to p53 at 1p36, a region frequently deleted in neuroblastoma and other human cancers. Cell 90: 809–819. , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 1996. Structure of the MDM2 oncoprotein bound to the p53 tumor suppressor transactivation domain [Comment]. Science 274: 948–953. , , , , , , .
- 1998. The SAM domain of polyhomeotic, RAE28, and scm mediates specific interactions through conserved residues. Dev Genet 22: 74–84. , .
- 1997. p53, the cellular gatekeeper for growth and division. Cell 88: 323–331. .
- 1995. SAM: A novel motif in yeast sterile and Drosophila polyhomeotic proteins. Protein Sci 4: 1928–1930. .
- 1996. Molecular cloning of a novel diacylglycerol kinase isozyme with a pleckstrin homology domain and a C-terminal tail similar to those of the EPH family of protein-tyrosine kinases. J Biol Chem 271: 8394–8401. , , , ,
- 1997. SAM as a protein interaction domain involved in developmental regulation. Protein Sci 6: 249–253. , , ,
- 1995. The LAR transmembrane protein tyrosine phosphatase and a coiled-coil LAR-interacting protein co-localize at focal adhesions. EMBO J 14: 2827–2838. , , , , ,
- 1998. Structure of the Ets-1 pointed domain and mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation site. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95: 12129–12134. , , , , , , .
- 1999. The crystal structure of an Eph receptor SAM domain reveals a mechanism for modular dimerization [in Process Citation]. Nat Struct Biol 6: 44–49. , , ,
- 1998. Alternative signaling through EPH family receptor ELK is determined by ligand multimerization. Genes Dev 12: 667–678. , , , , ,
- 1995. Eph receptor tyrosine kinases, axon repulsion and the development of topographic maps. Cell 82: 345–348.
- 1999. Oligomeric structure of the human EphB2 SAM domain. Science 283: 833–836. , , .
- 1998. CNK, a RAF-binding multidomain protein required for RAS signaling. Cell 95: 343–353. , , .
- 1998. p63, a p53 homolog at 3q27–29, encodes multiple products with transactivating, death-inducing, and dominant-negative activities. Mol Cell 2: 305–316. , , , , , , , ,