For the Record
A simple in vivo assay for increased protein solubility
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1999 The Protein Society
Volume 8, Issue 9, pages 1908–1911, 1999
How to Cite
Maxwell, K. L., Mittermaier, A. K., Forman-Kay, J. D. and Davidson, A. R. (1999), A simple in vivo assay for increased protein solubility. Protein Science, 8: 1908–1911. doi: 10.1110/ps.8.9.1908
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAY 1999
- Manuscript Received: 22 JAN 1999
- 1994. Improving protein solubility through rationally designed amino acid replacements: Solubilization of the trimethoprim-resistant type S1 dihydrofolate reductase. Protein Eng 7: 933–939. , , , , .
- 1994. Crystal structure of the catalytic domain of HIV-1 integrase: Similarity to other polynucleotidyl transferases. Science 266: 1981–1986. , , , , , .
- 1988. BioTechnology 6: 1204–1210. , , , , , .
- 1995. Catalytic domain of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase: Identification of a soluble mutant by systematic replacement of hydrophobic residues. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 6057–6061. , , , , , .
- 1993. The cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator. Overexpression, purification, and characterization of wild-type and delta F508 mutant forms of the first nucleotide-binding fold in fusion with the maltose-binding protein. J Biol Chem 268: 24330–24338. , , , .
- 1994. Solubilizing buried domains of proteins: A self-assembling interface domain from glutathione reductase. Biochemistry 33: 2773–2781. , .
- 1995. Hydrophobicity engineering to increase solubility and stability of a recombinant protein from respiratory syncytial virus. Eur J Biochem 230: 38–44. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Disrupting the hydrophobic patches at the antibody variable/constant domain interface: Improved in vivo folding and physical characterization of an engineered scFv fragment. Protein Eng 10: 435–444. , , , .
- 1991. Identification of the DNA-binding domain of the FLP recombinase. J Biol Chem 266: 11347–11354. , , .
- 1989. Identification of the cystic fibrosis gene: Cloning and characterization of complementary DNA. Science 245: 1066–10673. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. An Escherichia coli plasmid vector system for high-level production and purification of heterologous peptides fused to active chloramphenicol acetyltransferase. Gene 126: 109–113. , , , , .
- 1988. The nucleotide sequence of pACYC184. Nucleic Acids Res 16: 355. .
- 1990. Solubility as a function of protein structure and solvent components. Biotechnology 8: 308–317. .
- 1993. A novel Yes-related kinase, Yrk, is expressed at elevated levels in neural and hematopoietic tissues. Oncogene 8: 823–831. , , , , , .
- 1993. Single amino acid substitutions uncouple the DNA-binding and strand scission activities of Fok I endonuclease. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90: 9596–9600. , .
- 1985. Improved M13 phage cloning vectors and host strains: Nucleotide sequences of the M13mp18 and pUC19 vectors. Gene 33: 103–119. , ,