These authors have contributed equally to this work.
Thermodynamic and structural characterization of Asn and Ala residues in the disallowed II′ region of the Ramachandran plot
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2000 The Protein Society
Volume 9, Issue 12, pages 2322–2328, 2000
How to Cite
Vega, M. C., Serrano, L. and Martínez, J. C. (2000), Thermodynamic and structural characterization of Asn and Ala residues in the disallowed II′ region of the Ramachandran plot. Protein Science, 9: 2322–2328. doi: 10.1110/ps.9.12.2322
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 22 SEP 2000
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 SEP 2000
- Manuscript Received: 6 JUN 2000
- 1997. 1H and 15N assignment and solution structure of the SH3 domain of spectrin: Comparison of unrefined and refined structure sets with the crystal structure. J Biomol NMR 9: 347–357. , , .
- 1992a. X-PLOR, version 3.1. New Haven, Connecticut: Yale University Press. .
- 1992b. Free R-value: A novel statistical quantity for assessing of crystal structure. Nature 355: 472–475. .
- 1987. TOM, a FRODO a subpackage for protein and ligand fitting with interactive energy minimization. J Mol Graphics 5: 174–177. , .
- 1993. Principles of protein stability from protein engineering experiment. Curr Opin Struct Biol 3: 75–78. , .
- 1989. Calculation of protein extinction coefficients from amino acid sequence data. Anal Biochem 182: 319–326. , .
- 1996. Disallowed Ramachandran conformations of amino acid residues in protein structures. J Mol Biol 264: 191–198. , , .
- 1988. A general method of in vitro preparation and specific mutagenesis of DNA fragments: Study of protein and DNA interactions. Nucleic Acids Res 16: 7351–7367. , , .
- 1992. Selection of representative protein data sets. Protein Sci 1: 409–417. , , , .
- 1994. A revised set of potentials for β-turn formation in proteins. Protein Sci 3: 2207–2216. , .
- 1993. Active-centre torsion-angle strain revealed in 1.6 A-resolution structure of histidine-containing phosphocarrier protein. J Biol Chem 268: 22490–22501. , , , .
- 1995. Protein stability as a function of denaturant concentration: The thermal stability of barnase in the presence of urea. Biochemistry 34: 6795–6804. , .
- 1996. AQUA and PROCHECK-NMR: Programs for checking the quality of protein structures solved by NMR. J Biomol NMR 8: 477–486. , , , , .
- 1998. Obligatory steps in protein folding and the conformational diversity of the transition state. Nat Struct Biol 5: 721–729. , , .
- 1999. The folding transition state between SH3 domains is conformationally restricted and evolutionarily conserved. Nat Struct Biol 6: 1010–1016. , .
- 1995. Intrinsic secondary structure propensities of the amino acids, using statistical ϕ-ψ matrices: Comparison with the experimental scales. J Mol Biol 245: 275–296. , .
- 1992. Crystal structure of a src-homology 3 (SH3) domain. Nature 359: 851–855. , , , , .
- 1994. AmoRe an automated package for molecular replacement. Acta Crystallogr A 50: 157–163. .
- 1997. Beta-turn propensities as paradigms for the analysis of structural motifs to engineer protein stability. Protein Sci 6: 233–241. , , , , .
- 1993. Proceedings of the CCP4 study weekend: Data collection and processing. Daresbury, U.K.: Daresbury Laboratory. .
- 1997. Non-native local interactions in protein folding and stability: Introducing a helical tendency in the all β-sheet α-spectrin SH3 domain. J Mol Biol 268: 760–778. , , , , .
- 1968. Conformation of polypeptides and proteins. Adv Protein Chem 23: 283–438. , .
- 1989. Conformation of beta-hairpins in protein structures. A systematic classification with applications to modelling by homology, electron density fitting and protein engineering. J Mol Biol 206: 759–777. , , .
- 1994. Evidence for strained interactions between side-chains and the polypeptide backbone. J Mol Biol 235: 27–32. , , .
- 1995. The order of secondary structure elements does not determine the structure of a protein but does affect its folding kinetics. J Mol Biol 247: 670–681. , , .
- 1994. Thermodynamic and kinetic analysis of the SH3 domain of spectrin shows a two-state folding transition. Biochemistry 33: 2142–2150. , , , , .
- 1990. WHATIF: A molecular modeling and drug design program. J Mol Graph 8: 52, 29. .
- 1988. Analysis and prediction of the different types of b-turns in proteins. J Mol Biol 203: 221–232. , .
- 1996. Free energy determinants of secondary structure formation: III. β-Turns and their role in protein folding. J Mol Biol 259: 873–882. , , .