For the record: Fluorescence and 19F NMR evidence that phenylalanine, 3-L-fluorophenylalanine and 4-L-fluorophenylalanine bind to the L-leucine specific receptor of Escherichia coli
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2000 The Protein Society
Volume 9, Issue 12, pages 2573–2576, 2000
How to Cite
Luck, L. A. and Johnson, C. (2000), For the record: Fluorescence and 19F NMR evidence that phenylalanine, 3-L-fluorophenylalanine and 4-L-fluorophenylalanine bind to the L-leucine specific receptor of Escherichia coli. Protein Science, 9: 2573–2576. doi: 10.1110/ps.9.12.2573
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 SEP 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 7 AUG 2000
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAY 2000
- 1991. Altering the binding activity and specificity of the leucine binding proteins of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem 266: 6209–6241. , , .
- 1989. Bacterial periplasmic binding protein tertiary structures. J Biol Chem 264: 15739–15742. , .
- 1988. Transport of branched-chain amino acids in Escherichia coli. Methods Enzymol 166: 245–251. , .
- 1972. Transport properties of the galactose-binding protein of Escherichia coli substrate-induced conformational changes. J Biol Chem 247: 917–924. , , , .
- 1999. Modeling of amino-terminal domains of group I metabotropic glutamate receptors: Structural motifs affecting ligand selectivity. J Med Chem 42: 5390–5401. , , .
- 1991. A bacterial system for investigating transport effects of cystic fibrosis associated mutations. Science 254: 109–111. , , , .
- 1995. 19F NMR studies of fluorinated sugars binding to the glucose and galactose receptor. In: CrabbJW, ed. Techniques in protein chemistry VI. San Diego: Academic Press. pp 487–494. .
- 1991. 19F NMR studies of the D-galactose chemosensory receptor. 1. Sugar binding yields a global structural change. Biochemistry 30: 4248–4256. , .
- 1999. A regulatory domain (R1-R2) in the amino terminus of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor: Effects of spermine, protons, and if-eprodil and the structural similarity to bacterial leucine/isoleucine/valine binding protein. Mol Pharmacol 55 957–969. , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Leucine/isoleucine/valine-binding protein contracts upon binding of ligand. J Biol Chem 268: 16241–16247. , , , .
- 1996. Atomic structure and specificity of bacterial perplasmic receptors for active transport and chemotaxis: Variation of common themes. Mol Microbiol 20: 17–25. , .
- 1989a. Periplasmic binding protein structure and function. Refined X-ray structures of the leucine/isoleucine/valine-binding protein and its complex with leucine. J Mol Biol 206: 171–191. , , .
- 1989b. Structure of the L-leucine-binding protein refined at 2.4 Å resolution and comparison with the Leu/Ile/Val-binding protein structure. J Mol Biol 206: 193–207. , , , .