The UK National Ecosystem Assessment: Practitioner's Perspective
PRACTITIONER'S PERSPECTIVE: Sustainable forest management in a time of ecosystem services frameworks: common ground and consequences
Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Journal of Applied Ecology © 2013 British Ecological Society
Journal of Applied Ecology
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 863–867, August 2013
How to Cite
Quine, C. P., Bailey, S. A., Watts, K. (2013), PRACTITIONER'S PERSPECTIVE: Sustainable forest management in a time of ecosystem services frameworks: common ground and consequences. Journal of Applied Ecology, 50: 863–867. doi: 10.1111/1365-2664.12068
- Issue online: 15 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 AUG 2012
- 2012) Bundling of ecosystem services to increase forestland value and enhance sustainable forest management. Forest Policy and Economics, 17, 69–76. , & (
- 2010) Selection for commercial forestry determines global patterns of alien conifer invasions. Diversity and Distributions, 16, 911–921. , , , & (
- Forestry Commission (2011) The UK Forestry Standard. Forestry Commission, Edinburgh.
- 1981) Woodland Conservation and Management. Chapman & Hall, London. (
- 2010) Plantations of exotic tree species in Britain: irrelevant for biodiversity or novel habitat for native species? Biodiversity Conservation, 19, 1503–1512. & (
- 2011) Chapter 8 Woodlands in UK National Ecosystem Assessment Technical Report. UNEP-WCMC, Cambridge. , , , , , & (
- Read, D.J., Freer-Smith, P.H., Morison, J.I.L., Hanley, N., West, C.C. & Snowdon, P.R. (eds.) (2009) Combating Climate Change – a Role for UK Forests. The Stationery Office, Edinburgh.
- 1994) Creating New Native Woodland. Forestry Commission Bulletin 112, HMSO, London. & (
- 2011) The potential conservation value of non-native species. Conservation Biology, 25, 428–437. , & (
- Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (2004) The Ecosystem Approach (CBD Guidelines). Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Montreal.
- 1992) An inventory of ancient woodland for England and Wales. Biological Conservation, 62, 77–93. & (
- 1987) Birds, Bogs and Forestry. The Peatlands of Caithness and Sutherland. Nature Conservancy Council, Peterborough, UK. , , & (
- 2000) A Critical Geography of Britain's State Forests. Oxford University Press, Oxford. (
- UK National Ecosystem Assessment (2011) The UK National Ecosystem Assessment Technical Report. UNEP-WCMC, Cambridge.