The atomic coordinates and structure factors (PDB ID codes 4APY, 3ZBY, and 2YOO) have been deposited in the Protein Data Bank, Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioinformatics, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ (http://www.rcsb.org/).
A highly conserved mycobacterial cholesterol catabolic pathway
Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd and Society for Applied Microbiology
Volume 15, Issue 8, pages 2342–2359, August 2013
How to Cite
García-Fernández, E., Frank, D. J., Galán, B., Kells, P. M., Podust, L. M., García, J. L. and Ortiz de Montellano, P. R. (2013), A highly conserved mycobacterial cholesterol catabolic pathway. Environmental Microbiology, 15: 2342–2359. doi: 10.1111/1462-2920.12108
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 FEB 2013 06:50AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 25 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 DEC 2012
- Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. Grant Numbers: BFU2006-15214-C03-01, BFU2009-11545-C03-03
- Spanish Ministry of Education and Science
- NIH. Grant Numbers: AI074824, AI095437, GM078553
- Director, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, of the U.S. Department of Energy. Grant Number: DE-AC02-05CH11231
Table S1. Bacterial strains and plasmids used in this study.
Table S2. Primers used in this study.
Fig. S1. Genomic structure of the CYP125 and CYP142 regions in M. tuberculosis and M. smegmatis mc2 155. Comparison of chromosomal regions flanking the genes encoding cytochromes CYP142 (A) and CYP125 (B). The details of ORFs (open reading frames) and the amino acid sequence identity are listed in Table 1. The arrows indicate direction of transcription.
Fig. S2. Binding of inhibitors to purified CYP125A3 and CYP142A2. The dependence of the absorbance change of CYP12A35 (column A) and CYP142A2 (column B) at 418 nm induced by the different inhibitor molecules tested (indicated in the figure). The best fit of Eq. (1) (see Experimental procedures) is represented as a black line.
Fig. S3. Fragmentation pattern of the products of the CYP125A3 and CYP142A2-catalysed transformation of 4-cholesten-3-one. LC-MS data include the compound name, chemical structure, chromatographic retention times and mass spectra.
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.