Developmental aspects of trauma and traumatic aspects of development
Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2003
Journal of Analytical Psychology
Volume 48, Issue 2, pages 171–190, April 2003
How to Cite
Urban, E. (2003), Developmental aspects of trauma and traumatic aspects of development. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 48: 171–190. doi: 10.1111/1465-5922.t01-3-00004
- Issue online: 26 MAR 2003
- Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2003
- [MS first received May 2002, final version December 2002]
- (1969). Attachment and Loss I. London: Hogarth.
- (1994). Infancy. Oxford: Blackwell.
- (1981). ‘Early person knowledge as expressed in gestural and verbal communication: When do infants acquire a “theory of mind”’. In Infant Social Regulation, eds. M. E.Lamb & L. R.Sherrod. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum. ,
- (1989). The Oedipus Complex Today. London: Karnac. ,
- (1944). The Life of Childhood. London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner.
- (1974). ‘Defences of the self’. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 19, 2.
- (1985a). Explorations into the Self. London: The Analytic Press.
- (1985b). ‘Abandonment in infancy’. In Chiron: A Review of Jungian Analysis. Wilmette, Ill: Chiron, 1–23.
- (1989). ‘The infant's reach’. Psychological Perspectives.
- (1993). ‘Notes for the formation of a model of infant development’. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 38, 1.
- (1991) ‘Developmental reconstructions: Infancy from the point of view of psychoanalysis and developmental psychology’. Psychoanalysis and Contemporary Thought, 14, 3–55.
- (2001). Clinical and Observational Psychoanalytic Research: Roots of a Controversy, eds. JosephSandler & RosemaryDavies. London: Karnac.
- (1935). ‘A contribution to the psychogenesis of manic-depressive states’. The Writings of Melanie Klein, Vol. 1. London: Hogarth.
- (1983). The Language of Psychoanalysis. London: Hogarth Press/The Institute of Psychoanalysis.
- (1996). ‘The experience-dependent maturation of a regulatory system in the orbital pre-frontal cortex and the origin of developmental psychopathology’. Development and Psychopathology, 8.
- (2002). ‘Clinical implications of a psychoneurobiological model of projective identification’. In Primitive Mental States, Vol. 2, ed. ShelleyAlhanati. London: Karnac.
- (2001). ‘Terror, trauma, revenge and repair: reactions to 11 September 2001 and its aftermath’. Conference presented by The Psychoanalysis Unit, University College London. London: 14 & 15 December 2001.
- (1985). The Interpersonal World of the Infant. New York: Basic Books.
- (1988). ‘Sharing makes sense: intersubjectivity and the making of an infant's meaning’. In Language Topics, eds. R.Steele & T.Treadgold. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- (1986). ‘Signs of motivation for speech in infants, and the nature of a mother's support for development of language’. In Precursors of Early Speech, eds. B.Lindblom & R.Zetterstrom. Basingstoke, Hants: Macmillan.
- (1996). ‘“With healing in her wings …”’. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 22, 1.
- (1998). Inside Lives: Psychoanalysis and the Development of the Personality. London: Duckworth.
- (1996). ‘The irrelevance of infant observation for psychoanalysis’. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 44, 2, 369–474.