This research was supported by grants from the National Institutes of Mental Health (1 R01 HH55052 and 1 R01 MH 60838) to Nancy Eisenberg and Richard Fabes and a Research Scientist Award from the National Institute of Mental Health (K05 M801321) to Nancy Eisenberg. The authors wish to thank the many students who assisted in this study, the parents and children involved, the principals and teachers in the Tempe, Kyrene, Mesa, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Chandler, Phoenix, Peoria, and Washington School Districts (and other districts with few teachers), especially the numerous teachers at Fuller, Hudson, Meyer, and Rover schools. The authors would also like to thank Stephanie Shepard for her assistance in the data collection.
The Relations of Effortful Control and Reactive Control to Children's Externalizing Problems: A Longitudinal Assessment
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2004
Journal of Personality
Volume 71, Issue 6, pages 1171–1196, December 2003
How to Cite
Valiente, C., Eisenberg, N., Smith, C. L., Reiser, M., Fabes, R. A., Losoya, S., Guthrie, I. K. and Murphy, B. C. (2003), The Relations of Effortful Control and Reactive Control to Children's Externalizing Problems: A Longitudinal Assessment. Journal of Personality, 71: 1171–1196. doi: 10.1111/1467-6494.7106011
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2004
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!