Agricultural and resource economics and economic development in Aboriginal communities
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2003
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 307–324, September 2003
How to Cite
Duncan, R. (2003), Agricultural and resource economics and economic development in Aboriginal communities. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 47: 307–324. doi: 10.1111/1467-8489.00217
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2003
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2003
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Social Justice Commissioner 1994 , Second Report , Australian Government Publishing Service (AGPS) , Canberra .
- 1995 , ‘Land rights and Aboriginal economic development: lessons from the Northern Territory’ , Agenda , vol . 2 , pp. 291 – 299 .
- 2002 , ‘Title Just One Line in Complex Story’ , Letters to the editor, The Australian , 3 June.
- 1964 , Human Capital , University of Chicago Press , Chicago .
- 1965 , The Conditions of Agricultural Growth: the Economics of Agrarian Change and Population Pressure , Aldine , Chicago .
- 1997 , ‘Aid, policies and growth’, Policy research working paper 1777, World Bank , Washington, DC .
- 2001 , ‘Economic analysis of alternative. institutional structures for the governance of water use’, invited paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Australian Agricultural Economics and Resource Economics Society, 22–25 January 2001, Adelaide .
- 1989 , The Other Path: the Invisible Revolution in the Third World , Harper & Row , New York .
- 2000 , The Mystery of Capital: Why Capitalism Triumphs in the West and Fails Everywhere Else , Basic Books , New York .
- 1946 , ‘Capital expansion, rate of growth, and employment’ , Econometrica , vol . 14 , pp. 137 – 147 .
- 1997 , ‘Improving security of access to customary-owned land in Melanesia: mining in Papua New Guinea’, i n P. Larmour (ed.) , The Governance of Common Property in the Pacific Region , Pacific Policy paper 19, National Centre for Development Studies and Resource Management in Asia-Pacific, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, The Australian National University , Canberra . and
- 1997 , ‘Resolving property issues as a precondition for growth: access to land in the Pacific islands’, i n P. Larmour (ed.) , The Governance of Common Property in the Pacific Region , Pacific Policy paper 19, National Centre for Development Studies and Resource Management in Asia-Pacific, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, The Australian National University , Canberra . and
- 1995 , ‘Held in trust: the role of public funds in economic management’ , Pacific Economic Bulletin , vol . 10 ( December ), pp. 41 – 47 . , and
- 2002 , ‘A framework for establishing priorities in a country poverty reduction strategy’, ERD working paper series no. 15, Economics and Research Department, Asian Development Bank , Manila . and
- 2002 , ‘First Nations bring unresolved land claims and subsidies to the WTO’ , Bridges , vol . 6 , pp. 11 – 12 . [Online]. Available: http://www.ictsd.org/monthly/bridges/BRIDGES6-4.pdf
- 1939 , ‘An essay in dynamic theory’ , Economic Journal , vol . 49 , pp. 14 – 33 .
- Hayami, Y. and 1985 , Agricultural Development: an International Perspective , The Johns Hopkins University Press , Baltimore .
- 2001 , Racial Justice: the Superficial Morality of Colour-Blindness in the United States , IED discussion paper series no. 118, Boston University, Boston .
- 2001 , ‘Crafting cooperation in the commons: an economic analysis of prospects for collaborative environmental governance’ , unpublished PhD Thesis , University of New England, Armidale .
- 1999 , ‘Induced institutional innovation in response to transaction costs: the case of the National Native Title tribunal’, paper presented at the 43rd Annual Conference of the Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, 20–22 January, Christchurch, New Zealand .
- 1989 , ‘The impact of China's economic reforms on agricultural productivity growth’ , Journal of Political Economy , vol . 97 , pp. 781 – 807 . and
- 2002 , ‘Integrated water management in Australia: some new institutional thoughts’, i n R. Garnaut (ed.) , Resource Management in Asia Pacific Developing Countries , Asia Pacific Press , Canberra .
- 1990 , Institutions, Institutional Change and Economic Performance , Cambridge University Press , Cambridge, MA .
- 1996 , ‘Big bills left on the sidewalk: why some nations are rich and others are poor’ , Journal of Economic Perspectives , vol . 10 , pp. 3 – 24 . ,
- 2001 , ‘Institutions and processes for resource and environmental management in the indigenous domain’ , in S. Dovers and S. Wild River (eds) , Processes and Institutions for Resource and Environmental Management: Australian Experiences , final report to Land and Water Australia, Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies , The Australian National University, Canberra . , and
- 1996 , ‘The BLACK economy: regional development strategies in the Northern Territory’, NARU report series no. 1, North Australia Research Unit, The Australian National University and the Northern Land Council , Darwin . and
- 2001 , ‘Environmental economics and the Murray-Darling river system’ , Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics , vol . 45 , pp. 67 – 94 .
- 1956 , ‘A contribution to the theory of economic growth’ , Quarterly Journal of Economics , vol . 70 , pp. 65 – 94 .
- 2002 , ‘Landowner issues in mining development – the Papua New Guinea experience’, i n R. Garnaut (ed.) , Resource Management in Asia Pacific Developing Countries , Asia Pacific Press , Canberra .
- 2001 , ‘Incentives and Static and Dynamic Gains from Market Reform: Rice production in Vietnam’ , Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics , vol . 45 , pp. 547 – 572 . , and
- 1997 , Past Wrongs, Future Rights: Anti-discrimination, Native Title and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Policy , Tasman Institute , Melbourne .
- 1997 , ‘Water rights: an ecological economics perspective’, working papers in Ecological Economics 9701, CRES (Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies) , The Australian National University, Canberra .
- 1991 , Caring for Country: Aborigines and Land Management , ANPWS , Canberra . , , and