This research was funded by a postdoctoral grant of the ‘Bijzonder Onderzoeksfonds’ (BOF) of Ghent University, grant No. BOF11/PDO/042. I would like to thank Liliane Haegeman for first suggesting that I explore the relation between quidem's ‘veridical’ lexical semantics and the syntactic phenomenon of emphatic polarity. Furthermore, many thanks to Wolfgang de Melo, Caroline Kroon and the audience of the 2009 OIKOS workshop in Katwijk for helpful feedback, and to one particularly careful reviewer whose comments and criticisms substantially improved both content and organization of this paper. Needless to say, all shortcomings are mine.
Quidem as a Marker of Emphatic Polarity†
Version of Record online: 18 FEB 2013
© The author 2013. Transactions of the Philological Society © The Philological Society 2013
Transactions of the Philological Society
Volume 112, Issue 1, pages 97–138, March 2014
How to Cite
Danckaert, L. (2014), Quidem as a Marker of Emphatic Polarity. Transactions of the Philological Society, 112: 97–138. doi: 10.1111/1467-968X.12009
- Issue online: 25 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 18 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!