The CAPM can be written as E(Ri) = rf + ρ cov(RS, RM), where ρ is the market price per unit risk.
The Impact of News on Measures of Undiversifiable Risk: Evidence from the UK Stock Market*
Article first published online: 11 DEC 2002
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 64, Issue 5, pages 487–507, December 2002
How to Cite
Brooks, C. and Henry, Ó. T. (2002), The Impact of News on Measures of Undiversifiable Risk: Evidence from the UK Stock Market. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 64: 487–507. doi: 10.1111/1468-0084.00274
The results for the remaining sectors are qualitatively unchanged from those reported here, and are available on request from the authors.
*Initial work on this paper took place while the second author was on study leave at the ISMA Centre, The University of Reading. The news impact surfaces were graphed using a GAUSS Routine written by the second author and Michalis Ioannides. The data and estimation routines are available upon request from Chris Brooks. We are indebted to Kalvinder Shields, seminar participants at the University of Manchester and RMIT University and to an anonymous referee for helpful comments on earlier drafts of this paper. The responsibility for any errors or omissions lies solely with the authors.
- Issue published online: 11 DEC 2002
- Article first published online: 11 DEC 2002
- Date of Receipt of Final Manuscript: May 2002
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!