This research was largely funded by the Economic and Social Research Council as part of a project entitled ‘Women investors in England and Wales, 1870–1930’, award no. RES-000–23-1435. We are grateful for this support and thank our co-investigators (Josephine Maltby and Janette Rutterford) and research assistants (Claire Swan, Carry van Lieshout, Steven Ainscough, and Carien van Mourik) for their help and comments. Eoin Dunne, Alison Kay, Shatish Kundaiker, and Marian Nicolson also provided assistance. We have benefited from advice by William D. Rubinstein and Michael Thompson, while the thoughtful comments of the journal's editors and referees have helped improve the article.
Geographies of wealth: real estate and personal property ownership in England and Wales, 1870–1902†
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2013
© Economic History Society 2013
The Economic History Review
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 848–872, August 2013
How to Cite
Green, D. r. and Owens, A. (2013), Geographies of wealth: real estate and personal property ownership in England and Wales, 1870–1902. The Economic History Review, 66: 848–872. doi: 10.1111/1468-0289.12001
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 5 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 AUG 2011
- Economic and Social Research Council. Grant Number: RES-000–23-1435
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!